Adobe Flash is the standard software for designing rich content, and animations. The death knell for Flash was sounded when Apple decided to do away with Flash on the iPhone platform. Android that supported Flash realized that Flash pages and videos are slow to load, and it was a big drain on battery life.
So, what happens to those eLearning courses developed in Flash that you have stored away? They have some really good content, and great animations and you know you can use them in further training sessions. The solution is to convert these courses into HTML5, so that they can be used in mobile learning as well. Here is a Flash to HTML5 converters list that comes in handy, when you are considering transitioning to the HTML5 platform.
Articulate Storyline 2
If there is one tool that tops the Flash to HTML5 converters list, it has got to be Articulate Storyline 2. This is because Storyline 2 reduces the cost and effort involved in converting Flash-based courses to HTML5.
What makes Articulate Storyline 2 top the Flash to HTML5 converters list?
- This is one authoring tool that is simple enough for beginners, and does not involve much of a learning curve. Anyone who can work on PowerPoint can work on Storyline.
- Articulate Storyline 2 has ready-to-use templates that can be used to convert your existing Flash courses to HTML5, without any added interactivity.
- When you need to convert a scenario-based legacy course to HTML5, you can use the built-in characters available in Storyline 2.
- Triggers and variables in Storyline 2 help you build Flash-like interactivities with just a few clicks.
Lectora Inspire converts text-heavy legacy courses to HTML5 and is the first rapid conversion tool for HTML5.
What makes Lectora Inspire part of the top Flash to HTML5 converters list?
- Lectora Inspire is one among the fastest conversion tools available in the market, today.
- Flash animations can be published as videos and imported in the HTML5 framework, using Lectora. Reusing Flash animations through this method also enables cost savings.
- Lectora 17, the latest version of the tool, offers seamless play, which eliminates the ‘white flash’ effect that was experienced with previous versions of Lectora, when loading HTML5 pages.
- Though Lectora Inspire is priced higher than similar rapid authoring tools, the superb animations, triggers, and responsive design make it a powerful Flash to HTML5 converter.
Adobe Captivate (2017 release) offers a smart way to transform legacy courses to mobile compatible courses.
Why is Adobe Captivate (2017) featured in our top Flash to HTML5 converters list?
This rapid authoring tool offers built-in interactivities and templates that can be used to rapidly convert legacy courses to HTML5.
- In Flash, text is a graphical element. But, that’s not the case with HTML5. You can use Captivate 2017’s cloud-based repository of fonts, to ensure that fonts look the same across all devices.
- Fluid Boxes is a new feature in Captivate 2017 that divides slides into placeholders for text, graphics and objects. The developer need not bother about adjusting onscreen elements.
- Flash animations can either be imported or recreated to produce media rich content through Adobe Captivate.
The Flash to HTML5 converters list can be really long, with so many new tools entering the market every week. The next time you have to get your Flash courses converted to HTML5, you know you can rely on these 3 popular brands of converter tools that have stood the test of time.
Which converter tool did you use to convert legacy courses to HTML5? Do share your comments.