Advantages of Major E-learning Rapid Authoring Tools
This blog post shares share some advantages of popular rapid authoring tools used by eLearning developers world wide.
There are many eLearning authoring tools available in the market today. It is very important to know about the features, advantages and limitations of the various authoring tools before selecting them to develop an eLearning course. Here I would like to share some advantages of popular rapid authoring tools used by eLearning developers world wide. These are as follows.
Articulate Storyline is a major rapid eLearning development tool that has many default features and templates that reduce the eLearning development time.The interface of this tool looks like Microsoft power point. It is easy to understand and work on the tool and deliver courses quickly. Below are the some advantages this tool:
- We can publish the course to iPADs and mobile devices.
- The tool is user friendly.
- We can customize the template according to our requirements and reuse them.
- It has feature of screen recording and Software Simulations recording.
With Articulate Studio, we can easily convert power point presentations into eLearning courses. Below are the some advantages of this tool.
- Articulate studio has many in built features which we can easily create various interactivities in a short time.
- Articulate has inbuilt Quiz maker to create assessments very quickly.
- The tool is user-friendly, and its easy for a novice eLearning developer to work on it.
- We can export the course content to a word document or XML format for translation.
We can develop application trainings and software simulations very quickly using Captivate. Below are the some advantages of Captivate tool.
- Captivate has drag and drop interactivity and puzzle games that help you create interactive assessments.
- It supports iPAD and Mobile compatibility
- We can customize widgets and add actions to objects.
- We can add YouTube videos to the courses.
Lectora is one of the most popular eLearning authoring tools to develop html based eLearning courses. This tool has many built-in resources that help us develop eLearning courses quickly and effectively. Below are the some of the advantages of this tool:
- It is ideally for quick translations.
- We can make customizable, Graphic use interface and interactivities.
- Tool output will be in HTML and it supports Flash objects.
Flash is most powerful eLearning development tool through which we can develop dynamic and rich eLearning courses. Below are the some advantages of Flash tool.
- It supports audio, video, complex animations and advanced interactivities.
- Flash is extremely customizable.
- It is ideal for all kinds of trainings, including process trainings, product trainings,software trainings and others.
These are the major benefits of various rapid authoring tools. Have anything to say! Please do share.