What is Rapid eLearning and What is its Relevance in 2022
Rapid eLearning is the best way to increase training productivity and effectiveness in your organization. It is immensely relevant in the present-day scenario. Read on this blog post to explore its relevance in 2022.
Gone are the days of mundane classroom-centric learning when people had to spend hours captive in one location and gained very little from it. Today, rapid eLearning has become the new norm in corporate training, and classroom material is being swiftly transformed into these radical online courses.
About 98% of companies globally have included eLearning as an integral part of their training programs. This is because eLearning takes 40-60% less time than conventional classroom instruction. What’s refreshing is the increasing number of institutions recognizing the need for instant course rollouts through rapid eLearning.
Have you been wondering if you should adopt the rapid eLearning approach for your enterprise? In this blog, you can learn more about rapid eLearning and how it is the most relevant mode of training in 2022!
Rapid eLearning is Relevant in 2022
It has become the norm in corporate training because of:
- Its value in steering career growth
- How interactive and immersive the learning experience becomes
- Its relevance to the current workforce: the millennials
Read on to gain in-depth insights into rapid eLearning!
What is Rapid eLearning?
While eLearning is a quick solution to the problems posed by conventional learning, rapid eLearning makes things even better with time-efficient and high-end course design and development.
Rapid eLearning is mostly concerned with how courses get fast-tracked for their development, roll out, and presentation to L&D (learning and development) teams. It is a way of accelerating the eLearning design and development process through streamlined prototyping and storyboarding.
Most rapid eLearning solutions leverage the power of existing training content and resources, such as ILT material, videos, outdated courses, and manuals. They stay away from ornamental diction and elements and present courses in the most time-effective yet interactive format.
The purpose of rapid eLearning courses is to:
- Convert classroom training material into digestible and short eLearning formats
- Convert legacy courses into multi-device compatible courses
- eLearning translations to increase their global reach
The purpose of rapid eLearning is faster course development and greater customization. You can accomplish this by utilizing specific and advanced skills to cut down unnecessary elements that increase the time needed to roll out courses. It strives to reduce the time SMEs and L&D teams spend on eLearning design and development, thereby helping them improve their organization’s productivity.
Rapid eLearning is the soul of fast-paced corporate training environments that focus on performance-based learning objectives. These learning objectives help link training with productivity and ultimately with the achieving of business goals.
What is the Relevance of Rapid eLearning in 2022?
There are several reasons for rapid eLearning gaining major prominence in the modern age. It combats all the problems SMEs and L&D teams face when implementing conventional classroom courses.
In this section, let us talk about a few prominent reasons that showcase the relevance of rapid eLearning in 2022 and the future.
It Caters to Training Needs
The business environment is ever-changing, with the extremely significant need for upskilling and reskilling employees. The faster courses get rolled out, the faster employees learn and the quicker they can upskill and reskill. Here are a few pertinent reasons that illuminate rapid eLearning and the crucial role it plays in the fast-paced corporate environment.
- Shortened Development Time: Rapid eLearning takes extremely less time to develop. It streamlines this process to make it more time-efficient and cost-effective than most conventional eLearning models. It does this by using existing courses, and the right authoring tools, and by implementing an agile management process.
- Quick Roll Out: Consider the need to train employees on an advanced skill. It is only through rapid eLearning that instructors can impact modern skills within weeks. The quick rollout of courses builds the momentum of the learning culture in modern-day organizations.
- Easily Updatable: With the help of authoring tools such as iSpring and Adobe Captivate, updating rapid eLearning courses has never been easier. All you need to do is check for outdated information and replace that with the latest content in the industry using software aids.
- Microlearning For the Win: Rapid eLearning promotes microlearning courses, which is the best way for employees to remember what they have learned with little to no pressure.
Offers an Immersive Learning Experience
Rapid eLearning is not required to be fast so you can present courses to your employees. However, it needs to offer an easily absorbable learning experience. Rapid eLearning courses are immersive and help learners stay focused on their learning.
- Storytelling: To make things more relatable, rapid eLearning courses use visuals and a storyline to impart knowledge. The storytelling aspect of these courses helps in mitigating the gap between theory and practice and it also helps employees understand the practical aspects of their job.
- Simulations: Audio-visual simulations play a huge role in rapid eLearning. They make a positive difference when learners need to recall information. They are ideal for helping learners dive deep into a completely immersive learning environment and are designed for improved comprehension and greater interaction.
- Gamification: Most microlearning courses are interactive and help keep learners focused and engaged. Through elements such as quizzes, total scores and leaderboards, learning becomes much more intriguing and exciting.
Caters to the Millennial-dominated Workforce
Training programs can only be effective when they are learner centric. And that is exactly what Rapid eLearning aims at. Rapid eLearning courses are ideal for the millennial audience as they utilize the following strategies.
- Adaptive and Social Learning: Rapid eLearning identifies learning gaps and learner preferences and creates courses that mitigate those gaps. Millennials get to interact and develop soft skills on VILT platforms and their built-in discussion forums. Peer-to-peer learning is also an integral part of rapid eLearning.
- Mobile-first Philosophy: Millennials and Gen Zs are all about their mobile phones. While carrying training equipment and material can be done, it is not always possible, and rapid eLearning caters to this with multi-device and multi-platform courses. Publishing rapid eLearning courses enables their accessibility on just about any device.
- Microlearning: We live in a world of dwindling attention spans and microlearning mitigates this problem by presenting small bite-sized chunks of information. Microlearning is the best way to train and captivate young and globally dispersed employees.
Learning can only be relevant when it caters to the needs of learners and instructors. That is exactly what rapid eLearning has been doing for the millennial-centric workforce helping them deal with tight corporate deadlines. With quick rollouts and easy-to-recall courses, rapid eLearning has come a long way and has gained increased popularity and relevance in 2022.
Rapid eLearning not only saves time and cost for your corporate training but is also a savior for your SMEs (Subject Matter Experts). Wondering how? Well, grab your copy of this eBook to learn more about how rapid eLearning can help save SME time. Download it now!