ELearning is being used widely and adopted by organizations across the globe. This is because of its many advantages such as easy accessibility, lack of restrictions on learners’ locations or time zones, scope for learning and practice at a convenient pace, getting rid of the logistics of classroom training, and more.
What is eLearning?
eLearning is training facilitated by technology for various aspects such as design, development, delivery, rollout and evaluation. eLearning is not just adding audio to presentations or recording live sessions and uploading them to the LMS.
Well-designed eLearning courses:
- Make learners participate actively in the course – even in the absence of an instructor
- Can be reused for different groups of learners and can be part of blended learning.
- Make translations easy, to offer training that is uniform and consistent.
- Reduce paperwork associated with evaluation and training administration.
Migrating from the Classroom to eLearning
With the present scenario of the global pandemic and the growing appeal of eLearning, many organizations are migrating from instructor-led training (ILT) to eLearning.
In this process of adopting eLearning, leveraging existing resources and training material can save a lot of time and cut down costs compared to sourcing content from scratch. However, classroom training will need to be reinforced and tweaked to make it eLearning-ready:
- Analyze learners and their learning environment
- Revisit learning objectives
- Analyze content to update and fill gaps
- Select an appropriate instructional strategy
- Provide opportunities to practice
While ensuring this will help you make the best use of your resources, you also need to ensure eLearning design is seamless so that courses are relevant, engaging, and memorable. This SlideShare compiles 10 must-know best practices for every eLearning champion.
eLearning isn’t a one-time solution. Partner with an experienced vendor and implement it right to reap its benefits. Rapid eLearning offers scale and quality within your timelines. And as you progress along your eLearning journey, there’s a lot you can do to maximize training ROI!