It is common knowledge that the major part of revenue in any organization is generated by the sales department and therefore, it is mandatory for organizations to train their sales personnel effectively in order to increase sales closure. Let us look at some sales training statistics that throw light on why training your sales personnel is important.
- According to a recent survey, 84% of all sales training is lost after 90 days. This is majorly due to the lack of information retention among sales personnel. This highlights the need for refresher trainings from time to time along with effective sales training.
- According to Forbes magazine, 55% of salespeople lack basic sales skills.
- According to a recent report, every dollar invested in sales training returned $29 in incremental revenues.
- According to an ATD report, US companies spend$20 billion yearly on sales training.
- According to Josaine Feigon only 13% of customers feel understood by salespeople.
- According to Caliper Group, 55% of sales reps don’t have effective communications skills.
- According to a recent report, the best sales training will improve the performance of an individual on average by 20%.
- A world class sales benchmarking study revealed that the caliber of the salesperson is the most important factor influencing prospects’ decisions to buy.
- According to a survey, over 50% of sales managers are too busy to train and develop their sales teams. Sensible investment in recruiting and developing real sales talent produces amazing returns.
Do you have anything more? Please add on to the list.