Why Should We Use ZooZoos in E-learning?
This blog post shares insights on why should we use zoozoo images in eLearning.
Cartoonish characters that were first introduced by Vodafone for their advertisement campaigns were a great success, especially with the Indian audience. These characters had a huge fan following in social media like Facebook and Twitter.
If you have watched this video, you would see how ZooZoos were creatively used to attract learner attention. I strongly think that if used sparingly in eLearning, it can add humor and make learning interesting.
Here are some of the reasons to use ZooZoo in eLearning.
- Fun elements: If you are planning to develop eLearning courses on dry subjects like information security, data privacy laws or any other compliance course, it helps if we add a little humor in the course by adding it as an intro.
- Animated zoo zoos: You will also find animated “ZooZoos” which can enhance learning. It saves time and also helps retain information. For example, you will find several good ZooZoos in Presenter Media.
- Culture neutral: ZooZoos are culture neutral and so if you are creating e-learning courses for a global audience, it is better we use ZooZoos instead of real photos of people. We can create a cultural-neutral online training course, which will be well received across the globe.
- Translations: You can minimize localizing effort for eLearning courses if you use cultural-neutral images and graphics. Translations become easy, if you use a global strategy of using ZooZoos.
- Cost: Last but not the least, you can reduce the cost incurred on recreating graphics and animations, if you use ZooZoos.
Here are some places you can use ZooZoos
- We can introduce the learning objectives and share “What’s in it for me”.
- Use it to explain a concept or an idea through an info-graphic.
- Use it to summarize the learning.
Have you tried using ZooZoos in your eLearning courses? Was it well received? We’d love to hear your experiences.