The metaverse has the unique ability to not only change but also improve the way corporate organizations function and employees communicate with each other. The evolving standards set by the metaverse have the potential to impact literally every industry around us, and corporate training happens to be on the radar as well.
The metaverse has been around for a little while now, and there are speculations that it could be a buzzword and not a practical solution to problems we face. In this article, we take a look at the impact and role of the metaverse in corporate training patterns of the future. Stay with us as we penetrate the future of corporate training and find out what works.
Wondering if Metaverse Will Find Its Way into Corporate Training?
Here’s how metaverse can benefit corporate training
- Better onboarding processes
- Safety training in a safe manner
- Training for technical skills
- Improved sales and customer service
- Hybrid learning journeys
Introducing the Metaverse in Corporate Training
Before we move any further, let us first look at what the metaverse actually is and what it does. The metaverse is an integrated network of 3D worlds in a virtual space. The metaverse experience is based on realism in a virtual world, using both AR and VR technologies.
Users have already started exploring the potential of the metaverse by using virtual reality headsets to navigate the alternate version of the universe. Currently, users can play games in the metaverse and enjoy social connections, but there is not much implementation beyond.
Most people confuse the metaverse with virtual reality, but both of them are not the same. While virtual reality is used to create and give a 3D experience, the metaverse is a shared, alternate universe that promises much more.
Futuristic approach needs futuristic support. Register for our webinar on eLearning trends for 2023 now!
Users on the metaverse can interact with each other and do pretty much everything they are doing in the actual world. The metaverse does hold potential in corporate training, as it can allow personnel to experience real-life situations and scenarios where they can choose their avatar, experience different events, and interact to share and learn from their superiors, peers, and even customers. This facility can help them cultivate important professional and personal skills, such as motivation, agility, flexibility, change management, problem-solving, and much more. Metaverse allows them to build a strong social network, which in real life might be very difficult due to time and space differences and helps the avatars gain insights that can then be incorporated into daily life. The learning curve can be comparable to real-life simulations, but the metaverse hosts potential for training and development for every industry and business rather than just catering to a few specific organizations.
Use of the Metaverse
The metaverse promises a number of benefits for people from all industries and organizations. Some of the use cases associated with the metaverse include:
- Novel marketing opportunities to target consumers in a literally virtual world. 360-degree videos can revolutionize marketing. Imagine Times Square in an alternate universe.
- Virtual tourism is defined by a developing digital environment. The metaverse hosts content for live streaming and content sharing.
- Virtual availability of space to work and interact with people. Thereby facilitating better social networking opportunities with the chance to meet new people, make new friends, and be part of new social groups.
- Metaverse blockchain association has led to the rise of multiple play-to-earn games offering gaming industry a boost. Also, it has paved way for implementing gaming experience into the training and learning industry in form of game-based content design.
- Interaction with customers through a real-life experience. Doctors can interact with customers through virtual clinics, which give the feel of a real clinic, but without the extra pain and hassle of physical movement.
- NFT trade through a new economy.
- Visiting virtual retail stores and showrooms for the perfect shopping experience which can be used for training purpose to help sales people hone their pitching skills.
- Virtual tours of prime real estate.
- Metaverse space for hosting global conferences and events which can improve business reach and also offer opportunities to employees who are willing to learn more about business strategies and practices.
- Creation of new channels for mental and physical wellness. Mountains, aquariums, and meditation centers are just the start of the list. It can help organizations promote employee wellness and satisfaction.
Metaverse for Corporate Training
Now that we have got a fair about the metaverse, we further move on to what this new wave of change means for corporate training. The integration of metaverse with corporate training can lead to the following benefits:
Better Onboarding Processes
Many organizations have started focusing on better onboarding processes to improve their first impression on the employees. A decent onboarding experience has a direct impact on employee satisfaction, efficiency, retention, and productivity. All of these are factors that managers want.
Adding the metaverse to the onboarding process can be the perfect way to welcome new employees to the workplace and give them an idea about the endless potential and opportunities your organization can offer. The metaverse can also allow organizations to integrate training within the onboarding process without making it dull and boring.
Safety Training in a Safe Manner
Safety training for construction firms has always been a matter of concern. Creating real-life scenarios where employees can take evasive action is difficult, which is why workers find themselves in grave danger when faced with complications or emergencies.
The metaverse can put an end to all that through safety training for construction and industrial workers. It opens doors to a new method of training and learning, where employees have the opportunity to take quick actions in a virtual world without putting themselves in real danger. The learning curve can help break the nerves employees usually have when facing a complicated scenario for the first time.
Training for Technical Skills
In-job development is a good way to improve the skill set of current workers and hone them for future growth. However, due to limited options and budget constraints, doing this can be problematic and troublesome. The metaverse holds the potential to simplify the process of providing technical training to employees. With the metaverse, technical staff can learn new skills without having to rely on complicated options.
Metaverse can act as a virtual twin of the real world to provide an opportunity for organizations to offer enhanced technical training to grow and become better. Further, this technology can help learners develop and gain hands-on experience and become proficient in their job roles.
Improved Sales and Customer Service
Customer service and sales roles entail the art of storytelling and finding opportunities to generate new leads. Now, doing the same with real-life customers can be challenging if you don’t have prior experience. The metaverse, with its interactive virtual technology, can provide sales and customer service staff the platform they need to analyze their communication and comprehension skills to interact with actual intelligence.
The immersive nature of the learning experience can open doors to improved productivity and performance for future success and make staff members more organized. Additionally, staff members can also take a trial for their new approach and techniques in the virtual world to benefit from enhanced results later.
Hybrid Learning Journeys
The metaverse can also open doors to a hybrid learning environment that enables learners to attain real-life experience along with essential guidance or walk-through. The technological nature of the metaverse can recreate real-world scenarios that boost the required skills like problem solving, resilience, adaptability, and even better data analysis. It can augment innovation and creativity with an element of reality. The results from errors in metaverse training will be less detrimental and costly.
With the metaverse in play, terms like experiential learning and hybrid learning techniques will become more prominent.
Summarizing the Benefits of Metaverse
Some of the benefits associated with the metaverse in corporate training are:
- With digital twins’ technology, SMEs are available online for learning.
- NFTs have the potential to be used as rewards for better employee interest.
- The use of virtual translation tools can help you improve the inclusivity of your training sessions without hiring costly translators.
- Sensors can help recreate real sites and promise a real-life experience.
The eLearning capabilities of the metaverse have the potential to improve corporate training with better demographics and uniqueness. Delve deep into the world of possibilities with this insightful webinar and explore the eLearning trends for 2023. Register now!