How Interactive Videos Can Help Boost Corporate Training ROI
Videos hook learners. Read on to explore the benefits of interactive videos, their use cases, and ways they help boost corporate training ROI.
Learning and Development (L&D) is an indispensable unit of any organization. It helps employees learn new skills, improve their performance, and stay abreast with the latest industry trends. However, traditional training methods can be tedious and unengaging, leading to low retention rates and poor ROI. This is a red flag for companies that aim to build a culture of learning and growth in their organization and aim to add value to their customers. While organizations strive to find innovative and modern learning strategies for impactful training, that’s where interactive videos come in. Interactive videos are a powerful tool that can help boost corporate training ROI by providing an engaging and immersive learning experience. Let’s delve into the details.
Interactive Videos Can Boost Corporate Training ROI
- Higher retention rates
- Better engagement
- Improved learning outcomes
What are Interactive Videos?
Unlike static videos where learners are mere viewers and are limited to actions such as play, pause, and rewind, interactive videos provide viewers with an interactive experience, allowing them to be a part of the viewing journey through interactive controls. Unlike traditional training videos, interactive videos are designed to be more engaging and interactive, providing learners with a more immersive learning experience. They allow you to integrate interactions in the form of clicks and reveals, hovers, and scrolls by clicking on hotspots.
How Interactive Videos Win an Edge Over Static Ones
Interactive videos have several distinct features that make them different from static videos. These features include:
1. Bigger Impact: When it comes to interactive videos, they are much more structured than static ones, making them more effective at delivering the desired message.
2. Higher Learner Engagement: Interactive videos keep learners engaged through a host of interaction points that nudge them to use their critical thinking and decision-making skills. Continuous involvement with the content through multiple interaction points leads to better learning and helps boost learner retention.
3. Greater Appeal: Interactive videos not only attract the millennial and Gen Z workforce, but they also appeal to varied learner profiles. This is due to the visual appeal and the high level of engagement offered by them that captivates learners.
3 Use Cases of Interactive Videos in Corporate Training
Interactive videos can be used in various ways to enhance corporate training. Here are three use cases of interactive videos in corporate training:
1. Compliance Training: Compliance training is essential for organizations to ensure that their employees comply with the laws and regulations governing their industry. Though essential, it can be boring to go through hefty manuals or lengthy eLearning courses that entail the policies, guidelines, and dos and don’ts. Interactive videos are ideal for delivering training on dry subjects. They can be used to create engaging compliance training programs that are more effective at delivering the desired message. Learners enjoy learning by doing and as they apply their learning they understand and retain the concept better.
2. Product Training: Product training is essential to close sale deals efficiently. With companies launching new products frequently to cater to fast-evolving customer needs, getting your sales team acquainted with the features and benefits of new products is important. Interactive videos can be used to create engaging product training programs that enhance learning and boost retention. You can integrate multiple interaction points to allow learners to learn the benefits and features of the product and pitch the right solution depending on the unique customer needs.
3. Onboarding Training: When it comes to onboarding new hires, training plays a key role in getting them acquainted with the new work environment, their job roles, processes, and company values and culture. Considering the popularity of videos among millennials and Gen Zs, who are dominating the global workforce today, interactive videos are a fantastic way to conduct onboarding training.
How Interactive Videos Can Boost Corporate Training ROI
Interactive videos can help boost corporate training ROI in several ways. Here are a few ways:
1. Higher Retention Rates: Interactive videos are more engaging and interactive, leading to higher retention rates. It saves your time and resources in refresher training and better retention also ensures quality deliverables.
2. Better Engagement: Interactive videos are more engaging than traditional training videos, leading to better engagement and participation from learners.
3. Improved Learning Outcomes: Interactive videos are more effective at delivering the desired message, leading to improved learning outcomes, better performance, and achieving desired business results.
4. Cost-Effective: Interactive videos are cost-effective compared to traditional training methods. These videos can be a part of multiple training formats leading to better ROI. For instance, they can be used as standalone videos to deliver training under a video-based learning approach. You can snip long videos to make short microlearning video snippets targeting single learning objectives. Interactive videos can also be integrated into Virtual Instructor-led Training (VILT) sessions or can be used as a part of the blended learning program.
Watch this video to acquaint yourself with the future trends in video-based learning.
It's a Wrap!
With diminishing human attention spans, L&D managers need to chalk out training programs that focus on designing and developing interactive courses for better learning outcomes and align them with achieving training ROI. Interactive videos are a powerful tool that can help boost corporate training ROI by providing an engaging and immersive learning experience. By using interactive videos in corporate training, you can improve your learning outcomes, increase learner engagement, and achieve better ROI. So, if you’re looking to improve your corporate training program, consider using interactive videos to create engaging and effective training programs.
Are you keen to know more about how video-based learning can scale your corporate training initiatives? Well, here’s a detailed infographic that elaborates on the various facets of video-based learning for corporate training.