Planning to convert your legacy courses into just-in-time learning nuggets for the millennials? To make the conversion, you can choose from any one of the latest authoring tools like Articulate Storyline, Storyline 360, Lectora 17, Lectora Online, iSpring, or Claro.
But before you do that, it is better to evaluate an outsourcing partner who can help you convert these courses rapidly, also being able to add some interactivities to make the courses more suitable for millennials. Outsourcing to a design and development partner is a smart move because it saves you a lot bother and money in the long run.
But the million-dollar question is, ‘how do you select a competent, professional, and customer-focused partner?’
Here are 7 criteria to select the right outsourcing partner for rapid development:
The outsourcing e-learning design and development partner:
- Should understand your organization and your training challenges. This will help you both synergistically come up the best possible learning technology solution.
- Should have proven track record in developing learning solutions for improving performance. This will help create highly interactive and engaging courses that motivate employees. If the outsourcing partner is only a technology expert and not a learning expert, they will really not be able to connect with the learner, learning outcome, and the content.
- Should have expertise in latest authoring tools so that they can guide you in taking the right decision on the tool, which should be firmly based on your objectives and your training requirements.
- Should be able to build efficiencies and strategies to scale up course conversion.
- Should have expertise in developing courses for global audiences and understand the intricacies of translations. This will ensure that you follow the best practices that will save time and training dollars.
- Should have the skills and capacity to rollout courses faster. Check if the outsourcing partner has a large team to develop multiple courses simultaneously.
- Above all, the outsourcing vendor should be able to give the most economical price in order to give you a healthy ROI for your training budgets.
Some tips to get the best from your outsourcing partner:
- Have a clear objective of the rapid course conversion and communicate it clearly to your partner.
- If you have an in-house learning design team, use them to review your content and come up with template designs for rapid development.
- Hand over these templates or wireframes to the partner.
- Have a predefined course review process in place.
If you have the right outsourcing partner, you will be able to convert your courses rapidly and meet your training requirements.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: