In an ATD sales training event conducted by DrawSuccess, participants were asked about the barriers to sales success and qualities of an effective salesperson. The barriers identified were of 2 categories:
- Uncontrollable Barriers: Issues on which the organization might have control, but not sales reps
- Controllable Barriers: Trainable skills such as organizational and negotiating skills
DrawSuccess classified sales rep qualities into 4 groups:
- Have sensitivity and empathy
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Possess a strong goal clarity
- Possess good working habits and discipline
Yes, the right habits coupled with training will help sales reps’ achieve optimum results. Want to know the top 5 traits of successful sales people? Access the infographic 5 Qualities of an Efficient Salesperson.
Hope you like the post. Do add to the list through your comments.