The Roadmap for Implementing Learning Analytics [Infographic]
Planning to implement learning analytics but don’t know where to start? Take a look at this checklist for implementing learning analytics successfully.
What is the buzzword in L&D these days? Yes, it’s learning analytics. After years of frustration over measuring training effectiveness and proving ROI, we have finally found our way because of the growing data-driven work culture. But what exactly is learning analytics and how does it work?
According to the Society of Learning Analytics and Research (SoLAR), “Learning Analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis, and reporting of data about learners and their contexts, for purposes of understanding and optimizing learning and the environments in which it occurs.” It is a five-step plan which involves:
- Measuring learning activities at every turn in the learning journey, changes in behavior and performance of learners post-training
- Collecting data using different methods and tools such as the LMS and LRS
- Analyzing data using either data analysts, an analytics engine, or both
- Generating reports based on insights gained by analyzing data. Reports can be descriptive, prescriptive, predictive, and diagnostic.
- Taking actions to change your training strategy based on the reports.
As you can see, implementing learning analytics requires many tools and resources at place and careful planning. But don’t worry! We have a roadmap for you to follow right here.