Let’s look at some best practices for the successful implementation of eLearning:
- Treat eLearning as a change initiative, and strategize accordingly
- Devise a cohesive strategy for creating an eLearning culture
- Select a high-visibility, pilot project with strategic impact
- Communicate the reality of your eLearning initiative to the management and leadership team and let them become champions – their support is critical for learner motivation
- Establish clear roles and responsibilities
- Set clear standards – compliance matters!
- Have dedicated teams, especially Information Technology (IT)
- Over communicate with all concerned stakeholders
- Get the training department on your side
- Go overboard – in celebrating the initial success and finally, publicize the training outcome
Applying these best practices will help overcome most challenges of implementing eLearning.