Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Homage to a Great Teacher
Remembering Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the former president of India through his famous quotes.
As a college student, I had an opportunity to read Wings of Fire, the autobiography of the former Indian president, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. The story of the “missile man” who rose to great heights from humble beginnings is truly inspiring.
The sudden demise of this eminent scientist is a great loss to the country and has saddened millions. The life of Dr. Kalam is a testimony to the fact that determination and hard work can overcome the shackles of financial and other constraints.
He was a strong supporter of the use of technology for educational purposes, and even set up a mini studio to interact with students through EDUSAT, a satellite dedicated to meet the needs of distance learners.
Dr. Kalam believed that education had the potential to transform society and teachers play a key role in shaping the future of his country. He was passionate about teaching, and it is well-known that he served as the chancellor of the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology and a visiting professor at various prestigious institutions of higher learning.
Today, I would like to share 7 inspiring quotes of this great man.
- A teacher should have a creative mind.
- The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation.
- All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have equal opportunity to develop our talents.
- One of the very important characteristics of a student is to question. Let the students ask questions.
- Without your involvement you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail.
- God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. Prayer helps us tap and develop these powers.
- Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.
I salute this towering personality, who was a teacher at heart. May his soul rest in peace.