A positive attitude in the workplace helps employees to accomplish tasks faster and in a better manner. The performance of employees to a great extent depends on the good relationship they share with their colleagues. A good relationship can be established only when employees demonstrate a positive attitude towards their work and colleagues. Through positive energy, work becomes a pleasure and employees find it easier to achieve their goals.
A positive attitude has significant benefits for an individual in many aspects. Let’s look at some of them below.
1. Career success: Employees’ success in the workplace is measured through their performance. Employees with a positive attitude will always think of ways to accomplishing their task in a well defined manner instead of complaining or finding excuses for non-performance. This results in success either through promotion or increased compensation.
2. Productivity: With a positive attitude, employees tend to take more interest in what they do and deliver. Consequently, they produce better quality work with minimum errors. This improves their overall output as well as productivity.
3. Leadership: Working in an organization is all about managing a diverse workforce. Some employees earn respect easily and people often follow and listen to them. This is possible through the positive attitude demonstrated by leaders.
4. Team work: Good relationships among employees help them to build effective teams where all the members are united and work for a common cause. A positive attitude helps employees to appreciate each other’s competencies and work as a team for achieving common objectives instead of being overly perturbed by inadequacies of team members.
5. Decision making: Having a positive attitude helps employees to take better decisions, in an objective manner. It triggers a healthy thought process, enabling employees to choose wisely and logically.
6. Motivation: Having a positive attitude helps in motivating employees to overcome obstacles that they may face during the course of their job. It also determines the way they see the world around them. The moment they are successful in overcoming obstacles, they are motivated to move forward.
7. Interpersonal relations: Customers prefer to deal with someone who is positive in nature. A positive attitude enables employees to share a better rapport with customers, earning valuable customer loyalty.
8. Stress management: Stress has a detrimental effect on the health of employees. So how can employees cope with it? Stress can be reduced through positive thinking; and with reduced stress, employees will enjoy better health and take fewer sick leaves.
In conclusion, a positive attitude at work is beneficial not only to the organization, but also to the employees on an individual basis.
Subscribe to Our eLearning Design Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
Take a moment and think from the learner’s perspective. Think of the ways to learn better; think of the elements that motivate you to learn; think of the problems that you face while learning something new or difficult. Once you answer these questions and understand your learning style, you are all set to develop a learner-centric eLearning course. After all, eLearning is all about making your learners learn better. Your eLearning course should be centered around the interest of your learners. As an instructional designer, I would like to share a few tips to design the perfect online course and create learner delight.
The biggest challenge of instructional designers, while developing an eLearning course, is to maintain the motivation levels of learners. As it’s very difficult for the instructors to connect with the learners directly, it’s important to design the course in an effective and communicative manner. It is essential that an online course is understood by different types of learners. Strategy differs from learner to learner. There is a close relationship between a learner’s personality and his lifestyle. Personality governs the way a learner controls intuition during the learning process. But, how can you deal with different types of learners in an online course?
The main purpose of training is to improve business performance by increasing revenue and reducing costs.Organizations spend billions on employee training and development programs because imparting effective training helps companies enhance the knowledge, skills and capabilities of their employees, thereby enhancing their productivity.
Information security problems are on the rise affecting all organizations. Organizations are losing millions of dollars every year. According to a survey conducted by PwC on data-security breaches, 450k to 850k pounds is the average cost to a large organization of its worst security breach of the year.
But why do you think this is happening? Ponemon Institute, a research firm, in 2013, pointed out that 35% of data breaches have occurred due to human factors, such as employees not handling sensitive information appropriately and lack of awareness.
So, what should be done? Well, the employees need to be trained. There are various areas on which your employees need to be trained, such as:
- Degree of security needed for a particular type of information/data
- Responsibility of users in protecting their organization’s information/data
- Construction of strong passwords
- Consequences of information leakage
- Identification of information to be shared on social media
- Differentiation of confidential and non-sensitive information
For more information on the topics, you can take a look at this presentation.
It is very important to have proper policies in place and conduct awareness training programs, so that employees don’t make costly errors. But the question here is – how to effectively train them?
Well, the online medium is the simplest and most economical and convenient means to complement your other training mediums. The content can be presented using visual aids, scenarios, case studies and videos that can help in reinforcing messages. The courses can be made learner-centric, and they can be presented very effectively using interactivities like click on tabs, rollovers etc. Also, quizzes can be used to assess learners on what they have learnt and help them identify the areas in which they need to improve. Moreover, it is easy to update online training content.
However, designing an online course on information security is not so simple; you need to make sure it is effective enough to bring about a change in the behavior of your employees. Let us see how to build a successful information security training program.
Decide on the Content of the Course: The first thing to do is decide on the content to be included in the online training program. It should cover the security procedures and rules and regulations which must be strictly followed. The main goal of the training program is to provide comprehensive knowledge of your firm’s security practices to your employees.
Ensure the Online Training Material Is Easy to Use: The eLearning material should be easy to understand, so that your employees can analyze and grasp concepts easily. It can be made more interesting by using small quizzes and puzzles and scenarios based on real life situations.
Create Awareness: Your employees should understand the importance of taking up the training. Implement a information-security awareness program with the support of the management. Once the employees are aware of the importance and need for information-security training, they are more likely to attend the training with an open mind and will be receptive to the suggestions shared during the training program.
Acquire Awareness Materials: Collecting additional data from information-security training organizations is a good idea, as these firms are more experienced and can help with the right training content that can be added to the materials that are developed by in-house subject-matter experts.
Track and Report: You need to track the employees’ performance and see that the training is utilized effectively. This can be done using a Learning Management System (LMS). Open-source LMSs like Moodle can be customized in a cost-effective manner as per your requirements.
Proper training goes a long way in securing sensitive information and prevents data leakages which could result in considerable financial loss and the reputation of your organization taking a beating. Hope you find this post informative. Do share your views.
The eLearning industry is stepping into the next level with the help of advanced technologies and fluctuating trends. Moreover,now-a-days curriculumis getting more interactive and the learners are shifting in large numbers to mobile devices. As a consequence, the process of eLearning designing is changing. To suit these trends and changes, HTML5 is being used for the development of online courses.
When designing an eLearning course, we think of different strategies to make the course interesting and engaging. Even after putting all efforts, we get to know that the instructional strategy used is not appropriate, and all our hard work would go in vain.
It is an accepted truth that employees are the valued resources of any organization. Organizational success depends entirely on the performance of the employees. In order to face their competitors, organizations have to ensure efficient employees who are capable of updating themselves in the continuously changing business environment. Now, companies spend lots of money to train and educate their employees. The importance of training and developing the employees’ skills is rapidly growing.
According to a report published by Docebo, eLearning revenues from Europe are likely to touch $ 8.1 billion by 2016.
Small and mid-sized businesses are finding it easy to provide technology-enabled learning to their employees at affordable prices. Moreover, online courses can be taken anywhere, anytime, and this useful feature helps overcome barriers such as availability of time and space.
Instructional design is the most significant aspect of a good eLearning course. Being an instructional designer or a learning technology professional, you need to design the course in such a way that it should assist the learner in applying what he has learnt to his work.
As we know, every organization follows a set of rules and regulations. Employees need to be trained on those rules and regulations to have a basic knowledge of their standards toward the organization and customers. And, they have a clear understanding of what they can do and what they cannot. So, organizations may not be at risk when their employees know about their legal duties.