Most organizations today are implementing Enterprise Resource Planning systems. An ERP implementation done correctly, can lay the foundation for the organization’s future growth, improve productivity, and provide a much better bottom line. But this can easily cost millions of dollars and if people are not trained on the proper use of the ERP system, the cost invested will go in vain.
Here are some facts about ERP training:
- ERP projects allocating 7% of the budget to training were significantly more successful than projects where only 4% of the budget went to training. (Source: Cushing Anderson of IDC)
- Best-in-class organizations that integrate training with daily business processes get the best benefits out of ERP solutions.(Source: Aberdeen Group)
- 55% of best-in-class organizations train new hires after the initial stages of ERP implementation. (Source: Aberdeen Group)
ERP training is an important part of ERP implementation and it should be given high priority. ERP training should start from the very beginning and continue till the ERP system is implemented completely. To provide cost effective training, online training is the best solution. E-learning saves time, money and effort when implementing ERP systems for organizations.
Let’s see the benefits of implementing ERP training:
1. Successful system implementation
An Enterprise Resource Planning system implementation is more than just getting the technology in place and organizations believe that employees will start using the system immediately after it is launched and training is not needed. With this belief, the ERP system ends up being unused. Therefore, an effective training should be considered high priority to successfully implement the ERP system.
2. Increases employees Productivity
Providing effective ERP training to the employees helps them do their work more efficiently and competently. They perform their job using less resources, money, and time, producing higher quality work.
3. Reduces cost and saves time
The success of an ERP system depends on how the actual users adapt and use it at their jobs. Therefore, end users must be properly trained to utilize the functionality of the ERP system without any help and be more proficient and effective at the job and therefore reduce costs, save time and also improve processes.
4. Reduces risk
Training everyone from top to bottom in the organization helps ensure that all employees are using the same data. This helps reduce the risk of human error in the processes and produce better-quality data.
To make the training truly effective, it is essential that employees are trained on the functions and processes relevant to their job role.