The corporate training world is chanting the mobile learning mantra. The demand for mobile-compatible technology-enabled learning solutions is growing by leaps and bounds. Markets and Markets estimates that the global mobile learning market will grow from $7.98 billion in 2015 to $37.60 billion by 2020, registering a massive Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 36.3%.
Are you planning to climb the mobile learning bandwagon too? Well, here are 5 useful blogs that will help you make good use of the learning format.
We live in a ‘social’ world, and networking tools such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn have become an integral part of our lives. These tools have opened the floodgates of collaborative learning, by enabling learners share ideas and information seamlessly.
A vast majority of social media interactions take place over smartphones and tablets. This has made it necessary for companies to formulate an effective mobile, social learning strategy. The post – Mobile Technologies and Social Learning provides valuable insights into the use of mobile devices to facilitate effective collaborative learning. The post provides useful tips to:
- Get started with mobile social learning initiatives
- Develop collaborative learning solutions for the mobile
- Track learning interactions that take place on mobile devices
Learning portals are an ideal way to educate staff, channel partners, and customers. These portals act as repositories of knowledge from where courses and training materials can be sent out to learners.
The phenomenal growth of the “mobile Internet” is compelling companies to make their learning portals accessible through the latest smartphones and tablets. The post – A Complete Training Portal for Multi-device Mobile Learners shares useful information to set up a ‘responsive’ learning portal that can be accessed through any device. This informative write-up:
- Explains the importance of making learning portals user-friendly
- Lists the challenges in developing a ‘device-agnostic’ learning portal
- Describes how these challenges can be overcome using the Learning Management System (LMS) MOODLE
It is well-said that change is the only constant in the world of mobile learning. New, cutting edge developments are transforming the way companies use smartphones and tablets to train their learners.
The post – 5 Mobile Learning Trends in Vogue examines the following five major mobile learning trends that are transforming the L&D landscape:
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy
- Game-based learning
- Tin Can API
- Location-based learning
We all know that good performance support is the key to enhancing the efficiency of a workforce. In an organization, performance support includes providing employees with the knowledge they need to complete a particular task, exactly at the time of need.
The post – Mobile Device: Performance Support’s New Best Friend provides useful information about delivering Just-in-Time (JIT) learning support on mobile devices. It:
- Describes the importance of performance support
- Explains how performance support needs to be provided
- Lists the benefits of using mobile devices to deliver performance support
E-books are widely used in the corporate training world as resources for further learning. The post – Creating Digital Learning Content: Mobile-friendly E-books shares proven tips to develop a mobile-compatible eBook. The write-up:
- Describes the significance of further learning
- Explains why eBooks need to be made mobile-compatible
- Shares the best practices of developing eBooks for mobiles
The mobile device is the future of corporate training, and companies have to make their learning programs mobile to enhance their training efficiencies. Hope you find the information presented in the posts mentioned above useful.