It was the biggest challenge that I have ever faced in making courses compatible with LMS. For one month, I struggled to figure out how to fix this issue. I checked a lot of forums, contacted the SABA team but couldn’t find the solution. Finally, I made a fresh start by taking all the experience of the past month and fixed the issue successfully.
There are lots of things which you should check carefully to fix transcript issue. In this article, I have listed all the tasks that I checked in the course. Through my experience, you may be able to fix such issues in your courses:
Here is what I did to fix the issue in my course:
Here is the procedure for testing course in Fiddler:
- Once the software is installed, in Internet Explorer under the Tools dropdown menu, you will find the option Fiddler. Click on Fiddler.
- Launch the course from the LMS.
- Run the course and exit it.
- When you check the Fiddler tool, it will show all the URLs which were executed in the browser.
- You need to find the URL through which the course sends values to the LMS. Usually such URLs end with “http://…./aicc.php.” Again, it depends on the LMS.
- Once you find out the URL, double click on it and you will find the results on the right side of the window. By using this tool, you can find out if any other command is executed after the exitAU command.
In my course, I was sending the HACP request via the SWF file which was the main reason for the issue. To get the values from the LMS I was sending the HACP request via the SWF file which was working fine but sending the values to LMS from the course via the SWF was not working. Then I used HTML form for sending the values to the LMS and it worked.
If you find this article helpful, please let me know your comments.
Syed Amjad Ali
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: