In eLearning courses you may have heperlinks for text or images. When these are clicked, a webpage is opened. Hyperlinks work well with any authroing tool when the courses are previewed, but when you publish the course, you may discover that the hyperlinks don’t work. This is because you have not enabled the Flash Global settings for your projects.
To make the hyperlinks in your project work, you need to add the .swf file in Flash Global Setting after publishing the project. Let’s see the steps to add Flash global settings for your project.
Flash Player Security settings:
Once you install the Flash Player you are required to set the Flash Player Security Settings.
1. To change security settings go to Flash Player Settings Manager panel page.
2. Check the Always allow radio button, as shown in the below screen shot.
3. Click Edit location drop down, as shown in the below screen shot.
4. And then Add location of your project from drop down list, as shown in the below screen shot.
5. Click on the Browse for folder radio button, as shown in the below screen shot.
6. Select the highlighted area (select your Drive), as shown in the below screen shot.
7. After Selecting the drives, you can see the drives selected being added to the global security setting panel.
8. Be aware that after you add trusted locations, you must refresh the browser or reopen the index.html file.
These are the steps to enable global settings for your project. Click this link to read more about Flash global settings