As we know, you can quickly and easily create eLearning courses with Articulate Storyline. But you should know some basic things to speed up the development of eLearning courses. I’d like to share these helpful tips, which you will find very helpful and hopefully they will support your next Storyline course.
1. Animation and transitions: Use short and simple animations. Give animation to your images, shapes, text box and character by applying entrance and exit animations. You can also apply different transition effects on each slide.
2. Create master slide: Create the master slide to speed up your work first, design slide master using color scheme, layouts, fonts, effects, placeholder, sizes, positioning and backgrounds. Use multiple master slides in your presentation for the same look and feel.
3. Add interesting content: Use media, video, screen recordings, and web objects that will help to make connections and engage the learner.
4. Behavior of objects: Knowing the behavior of each object is the main thing to build an Interactive course.
- States: Add a state if you want learner to explore on a click.
- Layers: This feature allows you to show the content on the slide, upon clicking on the object. This action can be performed using triggers.
- Variables: Add intelligence to you course. Variables allow adding the conditional interactivity to store certain information.
- Triggers: Trigger makes the course easy and interactive. This feature is the best in Storyline that will guide you to complete the process. That can be applied to the objects.
5. Adding and Editing: Add an illustrated and photographic characters with various poses and styles, you can sync audio to the characters, You can easily edit the character pose, face expressions, and change the angle of the characters.
6. Learner Comprehension: Storyline tool is flexible to create an assessment; you can develop variety of quiz questions like Drag and drop Interactions, Multi select and Question bank. You can use a result slide, if you want to add report in final Quiz.
7. Publish browsers compatible and tracking: After publishing, check the compatibility of your course in the browsers and devices as per specific requirements.
8. Streamline Development: Save your project as a template; develop sharing elements and objects that are reusable.
These points help you develop a good and engaging eLearning course rapidly using the Articulate Storyline tool. Try them out and tell me if they were helpful through your comments.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: