Articulate is a suite of comprehensive yet easy-to-use set of e-learning development tools. It is used to convert power point presentations directly to create an e-learning course. Articulate Rapid eLearning Studio Professional, known as the market leader in rapid e-learning software, is an integrated authoring suite with applications such as Articulate Presenter, Articulate Quizmaker, and Articulate Engage.
The three applications in Articulate are:
- Presenter: Users can create e-learning courses by adding narration and interactivity to a PowerPoint file.
- Quizmaker: Users can create highly customized Flash-based quizzes and assessments.
- Engage: Users can create highly interactive learning modules.
Articulate is a great tool for rapidly creating flash-based eLearning courses. Many organizations are using this tool for rapid development. A few advantages of this tool are:
- It has the ability to easily convert PowerPoint presentations into eLearning courses that are graphically rich and interactive.
- It has a set of pre-defined interactivities.
- It is easy to create quick assessments – You can use a variety of quiz questions by using Articulate Quizmaker.
- Finally, this tool is ideal for entry level use.
The disadvantages are:
- It has a limited set of interactivities, which are rigid and cannot be customized. For instance if you have a page with 5 pre-defined tabs and you want to add an extra tab, you can’t. The tool doesn’t allow it.
- Navigation, options and Templates are highly limited.
- And it is not ideal for text heavy courses.
- Output will be as good as your ability with using key features of PowerPoint.
Thus Articulate is ideal to use for rapid elearning development, quick assessments and quick briefings – product knowledge, simple scenarios. And with articulate, authors can be comfortable and creative with designing in PPT. Ideal for entry-level use.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: