In my earlier post, I have explained How to Create a Question Bank in Articulate Storyline. In that post, I have shared how to add question banks in Articulate Storyline, and how to add questions to that question banks.
Here, I would like to share with you one of the requirements of our client that is related to the above post. The requirement was that there are two question banks in a file and each has 3 questions.
When the learner attempts the quiz, only two questions must be drawn randomly from each question bank and the questions must be shuffled for each attempt.
Here are the steps I have followed to meet the requirement
1. Go to the Home tab on story view mode of the file.
2. Click Question Banks and select the option New Draw from Question Bank
3. A dialog box will be opened with the existing question banks with a lot of options to manipulate the Question Draw. Manage them as per the requirement.
Remember that we can change the Number of attempts and Score points for a question in the question bank itself.
4. I am going to draw 2 questions here. We can manage every question in the bank, using the default options provided. Refer the screenshot below to know more about managing individual questions of a question bank.
5. The ‘Include In Shuffle’ option in the window is used to specify the shuffling options for the selected question. There are three choices in this which are Random, Never and Always. Selecting Random will display the question randomly in a Question Draw. Selecting Never will never draw the selected question in a Question Draw and selecting Always displays the selected question in every Question Draw. Once you have set your preferred options, click the Insert button to complete the Question Draw. And now you can see that our Question Draws will be added to our scene as shown in the screenshot below.
6. If you still prefer to make any changes to the existing Question Draw, right click on the thumbnails appearing on the story view of your scene. We can Edit Rename, Duplicate and even Delete the Question Draws here.
These are the steps you need to follow to draw questions randomly in Articulate Storyline for your eLearning course. Have anything to say? Please do share!