According to the survey conducted by the Center for Digital Education (CDE), a national research and advisory institute, video based learning improves information retention using the video replay feature and provides an engaging learning experience. About 30% of the respondents state the top benefit of video-based learning as “anywhere anytime” learning.
Research shows that the number of daily video views on YouTube exceeds 2 billion. Hence, incorporating videos in eLearning might be a powerful way to meet the learning objectives effectively and rapidly. Using videos in eLearning delivers effective training to the employees and introduces asynchronous eLearning with human interactions and visual demonstrations.
Let’s see what the experts recommend about how to use videos in eLearning.
- The first and the foremost thing to be kept in mind while using videos is to use interactive videos, like being able to pause the video for some time to question the learners in the course of the video. By doing so, learners can focus on the right point you want to convey through the video.
- Using cartoon videos that you have created on your own is mostly preferable in eLearning; this makes your training course even more interesting to the learners. Go Animate is a service where you can create your own cartoon videos.
- You can make your videos even more effective by including real-life examples in them. Through these examples learners are able to even “feel” the theoretical concepts and can remember them more easily.
- Some videos take a longer time to download and this frustrates the learners while going through the video. So you need to compress them as much as possible, which will enable the learners to view the video without halts. Compressing means breaking the whole video into smaller chunks.
- Ensure that the video consists of information that meets the learner’s requirements. As videos are more effective than the regular text in reinforces and emphasizes them to the key points.
- If you are including narrations in your video, ensure that you engage professional actors to execute this task. They should be given the script well in advance so that they can clearly put in the needed expressions to instruct the learners.
These are some of the ways you might follow while incorporating videos in eLearning. Now go ahead and make your eLearning even more interactive and effective to your employees by adding videos to it.