Curriculum is a series of courses arranged in a sequence that makes learning effective. Each course focuses on a single objective and is not more that 15-20 minutes. This provides learners with just in time information, which is easy to remember. Today, organizations have started venturing into curricula that are used as a blended approach with classroom training or as standalone modules.
For those, who think that creating curriculum is difficult and only an experts’ job, here are a few simple steps that can help you create effective training.
- Conduct a training need analysis to identify the training needs that will enhance your employees’ performance.
- List the curriculum topics in the correct sequence and map each topic against the trainer. Also, decide on the delivery method.
- Involve the SMEs and collect the right content for each topic.
- Involve the instructional designers and decide on your instructional design approach. It is a blueprint of how the content will be treated and presented to the learners.
- Develop a standards kit, which is functional in the selected development tool. It should have all the elements decided in your instructional design approach.
- Finally start with scripting and course development.
In this video, let’s see the first 3 steps to create a training curriculum