Your organization has decided to go in for a new software application. This new application is going to make things easier by speeding up processes and systems. It is also going to bring great added value to your customers. But before anything else, you will need to train your employees on how to use this new software application. What would be the best way to do it?
Organizations today are increasingly using online training solutions to impart training for software applications. There are many advantages of choosing online training solutions for software applications. Let’s take a look at a few of the reasons.
- 1) An experienced user need not be a good teacher: I may be an expert in using a particular software application but I may not have the requisite skills to teach the same. With online training it is possible to provide uniform training meeting high standards across the organization.
- 2) Hands-on exposure: Learners get to learn the application while using it. Each individual prefers to learn at his own pace and method. With step-by-step course material, he will be able to use and experiment with the application at his own convenience.
- 3) Best for technical training: Online training is especially beneficial for technical training as visual learning aids and graphics facilitate easy learning.
- 4) Cost-effective: Providing online training is very cost-effective as training managers need not coordinate travel arrangements or individual schedules. It is much easier to implement an online training program across different geographic regions.
- 5) Training on newer versions of the software is faster: Organizations may be already using an older version of the software and when a new version is launched, it becomes easier to provide online training with respect to the new features of the latest version and its benefits. This can be done by having an online course just for highlighting the new features. It also becomes easier to modify the older courses by incorporating changes if the course is developed as eLearning courseware.
- 6) Easy reference: To have the program online or on the company intranet serves as easy reference for the employees or learners whenever they have a problem and need to look for a solution.
- 7) Multiple formats: Online training can be imparted in many ways. Users can be given options of using the company intranet or website, they may be given CDs or they could use LMS portals. Depending on the geographical location and available bandwidth, companies can choose the format in which the course can be deployed. These formats become handy when users need to adapt to new technology or software platform within a short period of time.
Online Training Solutions have become a norm with big software applications development organizations like Microsoft and Adobe. They have a dedicated online platform through which training is imparted not only to corporate clients but also to individual learners. With rapid technological changes, online training is the best way to train individuals on software applications.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: