It is a well-known fact that medical representatives face many challenges, while promoting their companies’ products.They need to impress and convince doctors to prescribe their medicines and upgrade their product knowledge to survive in a fiercely competitive business world.
How can a medical representative overcome these challenges and promote his company’s drugs to doctors? Well, effective training plays a vital role in enabling these representatives to face doctors confidently and convince them to prescribe their medicines.
E-learning can be the best solution to improve the efficiency of medical representatives.
As an e-learning company, we are experienced in designing and developing training programs for medical representatives by following these best practices.
- We design and develop bite-sized (10-15 minute) modules for medical sales representatives to reinforce learning on the go. These modules can be accessed anywhere, anytime, on any device (such as iPads, Smartphones, PCs and so on.).
- We use different kinds of interactivities, animations, scenarios and gamification to develop engaging and learner-oriented modules.
- We frame assessments to enable the sales representatives to apply what they have learned already. This helps them retain their knowledge for longer periods.
Once a medical representative is trained well, he is ready to handle doctors’ questions. Here is a list of questions, which may be asked by the doctors.
- Why should I prescribe this product?
- How does this product help treat the disease?
- What is the recommended dosage for different age groups?
- What is the composition of your medicine?
- What are the pros and cons of the product?
- What will be the side effects of discontinuing the drug?
- When should the patient discontinue this product?
- When does the product expire?
- What is the cost of the medicine?
- Is it a newly manufactured drug or re-modified from an existing product?
- Is it effective compared to its competitors?
- How many doctors have prescribed this product till now?
Here I would like to share the best practices of creating effective assessments for medical representatives.
- Create interactive assessments to reinforce learning and enable active participation
- Provide explanatory feedback for the assessments once representatives attempt them, and this helps them understand the concept better.
To be successful as a medical sales representative, you need to have good knowledge of the product to handle the doctor’s queries effectively, and this is possible through effective e-learning.Please do share your thoughts!