This month’s Big Question in Learning Circuits is, “What questions are you no longer asking? What are your new questions?”
I have been in the field of Human Performance Improvement for the last 25 years and in e-learning for the last 10. I have restricted my write-up only to e-learning custom courseware development, which is our core business at CommLab India.
QUESTIONS I NO LONGER ASK
In general, I have stopped asking all open-ended questions and some of those listed below:
- How did you like the training?
- Did you learn anything useful?
- Why doesn’t your course have performance-based learning objectives?
- What is your training budget?
- Do you want the online course SCORM/AICC compliant?
- Moodle what, did you say?
- Do you want reusable learning objects?
- Do you also want a CD-ROM version of the course?
- Are your learners computer literate and Internet savvy?
MY NEW QUESTIONS
- How fast do you want the e-learning course to be delivered? In three weeks?
- Do you want a 30-minute course or a 45-minute course?
- Do you want the course to be delivered to mobile phones?
- Which version of Moodle are you using? Moodle 1.9.10+?
- How many international languages do you want the course translated into?
- Which authoring tools do you prefer? Captivate, Articulate or Lectora?
- Do you want to use webinars for product training?
- Does US$ 5000 fit your budget for a 30-minute course?
- Is your LMS Web 2.0?
- Don’t know the answer? Why don’t you Google-search it?
Thank you for reading my blog and for sharing your comments.
Live Webinars: Implementation of eLearning in Organizations!
Join free, live webinars that will illustrate the various aspects of eLearning design and development to make training more effective. The webinars are aimed at training and functional managers who wish to learn about how they can use and implement eLearning in their organizations.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: