Importance of QA in Delivering High Quality Elearning!
Quality Assurance in an eLearning development process plays a vital role in helping learners learn efficiently and effectively
Quality Assurance (QA) is the process of monitoring and maintaining standards for a system or product. If an eLearning product is released without a quality check, then the user is likely to have a poor learning experience.
Here are some examples of typical usability or functionality issues that can be a bottleneck in eLearning products:
- When the learner selects an item in the menu and it doesn’t redirect to the respective page, then the learner will have issues navigating to the right section of the course.
- When the functionality of any kind of assessment is not right or the quiz shows wrong results, then the eLearning will not be effective as it will not capture the learners’ grasp of the subject.
- Coming to the Graphical User Interface (GUI), a course should have a consistent size, font, color, background etc. to make the learner feel comfortable.
For any organization, delivering quality eLearning products, by implementing a stringent quality check at each stage of their development process should be the first priority. Here are some few steps to be followed for an error-free eLearning product:
- Making Checklists for Storyboard and Courseware by capturing all client requirements and specifications.
- GUI and Functionality tests before the final development of courseware, which saves time on development and final quality testing.
- Usability and compliance checking after the development of a course with SCORM/ AICC standards in LMS.
QA in an eLearning development process plays a vital role in helping learners learn efficiently and effectively.
Do share your thoughts on the same.