The retail industry is one of the biggest industries having different departments where several training programs are held to train their employees on increasing sales and customer satisfaction. Training retail employees on procedures, corporate sustainability, and process plays a key role in companies achieving success. But training global employees is a major issue that leads to an increase in both money and time. Hence, eLearning is the best choice to train your employees effectively and save your training budgets. Let’s see some benefits of online learning in the retail industry.
1. Updates on new products and services:
We know retail is the process of selling goods and services. Several new products with different features arrive into the market each day. To sell those products, sales people need to know everything about them such as the benefits, features, and more. To increase sales and customer satisfaction, the sales force should be trained effectively on each and every product, so that they can convince customers easily to buy a product. For this to happen, a training manager should prepare material for each and every product in detail and an instructor is required to train them. Using online training, it will be easy for employees to stay up to date with new products and services. Updates can be made easily as soon as new products become available. Online training results in saving training budgets too.
2. Better employee retention:
Employee Retention is the organization’s ability to retain its employees. A post in the Entrepreneur says that Only 22 percent of companies surveyed reported they had no difficulty in retaining employees, meaning the other 78 percent struggle to keep their people around. Every organization invests a lot in hiring new employees and providing them different types of trainings to be successful in their jobs. But if the employee leaves the organization within a short period of time, the whole investment goes waste.
In general, there are many reasons for employee turnover such as salaries, lack of satisfaction with their work, lack of clear career progression and insufficient learning. In Marketing, career progression and employee learning are two important aspects. Career progression refers to advancements in a job role. To advance in a job role, different skills such as communication skills, leadership skills, sales skills, customer service skills are required. By providing these training programs we can ensure employees are competent to do the job. Employees also feel good if they learn something new each day. If you satisfy these two aspects, employees will stick with the organization for a long time.
Typically employees are happier when they have access to training material whenever they want. So, providing training material online helps the organization minimize its employee turnover rate.
3. Improved sales:
Customers will always be confused about what to buy because they are not totally aware of a product or service. They cannot decide to buy something if the retail sales force does not have the capability to distinguish the product from its competitors.
For example, consider a person who is responsible for selling electronic gadgets. We all know that every electronic item has different features and specifications. The sales person should be capable of differentiating among different products. If it is a big retail company, it will have several items. He may not remember or get confused when distinguishing the products. Here, Just in time information through mobiles or iPads is the best choice to train sales force where they can access everything online. It helps the sales person convey the information about the product in an efficient way. This improves sales.
4. Customer satisfaction:
Customer satisfaction refers to how we treat the customer when he comes to buy our product or service. The way we greet, the way we talk, the way we explain things and our complete behavior come under this. It plays a crucial role in getting back the customer repeatedly to our store. No doubt, proper customer service training helps a lot in converting shoppers into buyers. This customer service training can be provided effectively through online with the help of scenarios.
5. Train and retrain employees:
The major challenge of the retail industry is having skilled and knowledgeable staff. Investing money and training employees doesn’t show results in a day. They should be trained regularly. . But training employees on a regular basis increases training budgets and it is also difficult to track records. The best way to do this consistently is through online learning. With the use of eLearning, we can minimize the training expenditure and also track course completion rates.
Hope these benefits will make you eager to implement eLearning as the next possible training solution for your retail employees. Please do share your views.