Nowadays, creating e-learning is simple and easy, if you have tools like PowerPoint and Articulate Storyline. You can quickly publish them into e-learning and upload on to the LMS. But it is very important that the e-learning is engaging to the learners. To engage the learners, we try to add many interactivities and attractive visuals such as infographics and gaming assessments. In addition to these, there are other basic aspects to be considered to make your e-learning courses engaging.
1. Know Learners Background: It is very important that you know and understand the learners’ background and their level of experience on the topic before creating an e-learning for them. Also, it is important that you identify the learner’s requirement in terms of what they want to specialize in. If you understand this requirement, you can create engaging e-learning for them. If you follow these tips, then you can create interesting courses for your learners. Remember you are not going to tell them what they already know but teach them new concepts that they are to implement in their jobs. So it is all the more important that you get their complete attention to make the course effective and useful for them.
2. Creating E-learning Content: Once you understand the learners background and their requirement, then you can start preparing the e-learning content accordingly. Make content simple and understandable so that it is easy for the learners. Avoid lengthy modules as learners could get bored. Divide content into smaller and manageable units. This enables easy retention for the learners.
3. Design E-Learning: Once you are ready with the material, it is very important that you know how to design the e-learning. The first and foremost thing to identify should be the training type; you can then think about the design strategy and other elements. I have given some strategic examples for creating the engaging e-learning
- Scenarios can be used for Sales, Process Product Trainings and we can create scenarios by using characters that can guide through the e-learning course.
- Simulations can be used for Software Application Training. We can create, Watch, Try and DO simulations. The Watch activity shows the actions that the learners have to do in a step-by-step manner in order to understand the application. The Try activity gives a chance to the learners to try out the same action that was showed in the Watch activity with the instructions. The Do activity gives a chance to the learner to try out the same steps without any instructions. This is the best way to offer software application training.
- Case Studies can be used for Compliance Training and we can give real-time examples to teach each subject better.
- Explore and learn can be used for HR Training like new employee orientation and for safety training.
By following these, you can make your e-learning interesting and engaging to the learners. Hope you found this blog informative! Please do share your thoughts on this.