Effective learning of any kind—whether at school or the corporate level—requires an individual’s passion and zeal to learn. It is imperative to understand the importance of learning. Most of the time, people learn the things in life after finishing school or college, or what we call professional education.
Today, most learning is by personal experiences rather than the bookish knowledge we gain. It’s important to understand that what we learn today may not hold value 10 years down the line. Experiential learning is what holds the maximum importance these days. Learning at the corporate level has multiple reasons and chief among them are:
- One may learn or upgrade his or her skills for increasing his or her competence at the workplace.
- Increase in career prospects.
- An employee can undergo training to feel at par with colleagues in terms of education and experience.
- Learning may happen to due to lack of job satisfaction.
- Learning can also help the individual in discovering new areas of expertise.
There are many more reasons why an individual wants to learn something new. Notwithstanding, there are barriers to the learning process. Some of these key barriers to effective learning are:
- Many consider learning as just another task and not as an experience to know more and be knowledgeable.
- Many times, individuals miss the opportunity to learn more without realizing it.
- Not recognizing the importance of learning and not knowing how to use the knowledge gained is in itself a barrier to learning.
Starting from the junior most employee of an organization to the top most manager or CEO, each person needs to be responsible about his or her learning which would eventually lead to the growth of the Company. Every individual must identify learning opportunities made available to him or her and utilize them effectively to move ahead in life.
No matter which industry vertical one is in, effective learning is extremely important in every Company. To ensure that your Company’s employees are continuously developing and in the process of constant training, effective learning techniques must be incorporated.
Do share your thoughts on the same.