Earlier this month, I had written about “The Qualities of Good Leader“. However, there is a thin line between a good leader and an inspirational leader. A leader has ‘vision’, as well as an understanding of strategy, the use of power and drive, while an inspirational leader goes beyond all this and achieves more. What maketh an inspirational leader? – People who have the passion and zeal to do something different and have the power to encourage people to follow? Following are few qualities that lead a good leader to become an inspirational leader:
- Those who have the passion for their vision, zeal and enthusiasm to succeed and do something different and at the same time be compassionate. They genuinely care about other people’s well being and work.
- Everyone wants to display their strengths and not weakness. Most people think that leaders can do no wrong. When a leader shows a weakness or two, people will realize that leaders too are human beings and not gods.
- Leaders are those who have the ability to think, foresee future opportunities and more. They rely on their intuition for timing and course of action for present and future opportunities. They keep themselves updated with minutest of information and use it when it is needed the most.
- What makes inspirational leaders different is that they do things in a different manner and achieve great results.
To inspire, an inspirational leader needs to lead people towards a vision that he wants to achieve. He must be able to convince his fellow workers towards achieving the goal and vision he has in mind and make them follow him willingly.
An inspirational leader is one who:
- Motivates his team and also inspires them to follow what he/she preaches.
- Allows the team to function in stress free and friendly environment.
- Is focused on what needs to be done in an appropriate manner.
- Clear understanding of the happenings in the organization.
- Chooses the right path in decision making and problem solving especially while resolving issues at work.
- Works side-by-side with team mates, never considers any ‘tasks’ below their dignity and inspires others to do the same.
- Possess sound judgment skills during the critical decisions making process and in unforeseen crisis.
Every person can choose to lead a team, but the one who inspires others can be the one who provides a vision for the future and also offers an encouragement to others to achieve the same goals that lead towards the success of a business. He/she should possess strong leadership qualities and be an example for everyone.
Do share your thoughts on the same.