Compliance is all about educating people on various aspects such as ethics, laws, policies, and so on. Compliance training helps employees to follow the basic guidelines and makes a respectable workplace within the company. Every organization today should follow the set of rules and laws that govern the sectors in their particular country. Employees need to have a basic understanding about the rules and regulations governing the company. This helps them to have clarity about the legal obligations the employees are supposed to comply with, during their day-to-day work.
Importance of compliance training:
- Compliance training is made mandatory by law and regulatory bodies.
- It initiates a better workplace.
- It helps adapt to changes.
- It increases organizational productivity.
- It helps to maintain transparency in terms of standardization and uniformity.
- It facilitates risk management
So, it is very essential for organizations to include compliance in their training programs.
As organizations are increasing in number rapidly with global operations across different countries, classroom training may not be feasible to train a big audience placed at different locations. Let us take a look into some of the limitations:
- Multiple trainers are required to train employees placed at different locations.
- Accommodating trainers and employees in various locations may need much time and resources.
- New entrants may not be trained simultaneously on compliance policies.
These limitations have paved the way for organizations to adapt to e-learning. Unlike traditional classroom training, e-learning offers a flexible and faster completion of training program.
How do organizations benefit through e-learning:
E-learning gives flexibility to employees to take the course according to the learners’ choice. It is a self-paced learning that may be taken anywhere, anytime. With the advent of new gadgets like tablets and smartphones, it has become much easier to bring learning into the learners’ pockets.
In classroom training, the training is provided by multiple trainers who may have different training methodologies. In this case, training may not reach all learners’ uniformly. On the contrary, e-learning is a consistent training method, which is standardized and uniform in terms of content quality.
In most cases, compliance training is mandatory and it is mandatory for all employees to undergo this training. E-learning helps to have a wider reach to all employees in a cost-effective manner. Learners may access the course from any location when it is hosted on LMS.
Auto-tracking and reporting:
It is very essential for an organization to keep track of all those who have taken the course, and their status in terms of completing the compliance course. This is mandatory, as it helps organizations avoid legal obligations. When the compliance course is hosted on LMS, the employees may take the course and the completion status is automatically tracked.
Courses made interactive:
Many a time, compliance courses are lengthy with legal terms. This could make the course dry and boring. In order to make it more interesting, online training provides various interactivity options such as scenarios, assessments, games, and so on. This helps the learner to have a better interaction with the course and be engaged throughout.
Compliance courses may be designed and developed with various instructional design strategies. This depends upon the course type, the target audience, and the learning objectives. Let us understand the strategies that may be employed to design compliance courses.
- Employees may have various ways to retain information with different experience levels. So, these aspects are essential and should be considered when courses are developed.
- Using interactivities relating to the job keeps the learners motivated throughout the course. Games, audio, video, quizzes, and so on motivate the learner to complete the course.
- Assessments and feedback help in assessing learners’ performance, and a feedback section helps to give feedback on the learners’ response. This approach helps them to have a better understanding of the concepts.
Compliance training helps reduce risks and increase productivity. Online training transforms compliance courses to be fun-filled and interactive and also helps avoid the risk of non-compliance.