Gamification the hottest trend in the corporate world. According to a report released by Gartner, by 2015, more than 50% of organizations that manage innovation processes will gamify those processes. It is estimated that by 21 years of age, many males will have spent over 10,000 hours immersed in online gaming (McGonigal, 2010).
Companies are chanting the gamification mantra because it:
- Increases learner engagement by making e-learning fun and interactive
- Facilitates better learning by fostering competitive spirit
- Creates a sense of accomplishment
- Improves knowledge absorption and retention
- Provides enhanced learning experience for people of all ages
But, how can you create a good game-based online course? Well, you need to focus on the following aspects.
Hope you find this post interesting. Do share your views.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: