Appreciation and acknowledgments are central to the outstanding performance of any employee. Employee engagement has been the talk of the corporate world for a long time. In lay man’s terms, employee engagement or work engagement refers to an employee who is fully involved in and is enthusiastic about his or her work and thus will act in a way that promotes the well-being of the organization.
Basically, this concept refers to workers feeling the need to be connected to their role in the company, to other team members, to their supervisors, to the organization and definitely to the organization’s objectives. The key areas that both employees and employers should focus on when it comes to employee engagement are:
- Defining company culture: The Company should define its goals and objectives and hire employees who they think can serve the same purpose.
- Develop healthy work relationships: Employees will give 100% towards achieving the goals of the Company, in a healthy work environment.
An employee personally feels that he or she has made an effective contribution towards the organization and has gained the respect of his or her colleagues and peers. The process of motivating employees and keeping them engaged is simple:
- Track project results and celebrate milestones: Any achievement by an employee should be acknowledged and celebrated. This helps in motivating him or her to perform with renewed zeal and passion the next time around.
- Give support and accolades: There are times when the team members need hand holding or support for achieving something big. It is at this time when the Company needs to stand by its employees.
- Conduct workshops on cross-training: Each employee should have knowledge of not just his or her job profile, but also about other departments in an organization. This will not just help in creating a healthy work atmosphere across departments, but also motivate each department to perform better than the other.
It’s extremely important for employees at any workplace to be motivated and be constantly engaged. The key job of a manager in an organization is to get things done through his employees. For this, the manager should be successfully able to motivate his employees.
Motivation is a need or desire that causes a person to act, to take the initiative or be enterprising. By regular motivation and encouragement, both the employer and the employee feel a sense of satisfaction.
Do share your thoughts on the same.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: