Quality of eLearning courses cannot be achieved in isolation. Both client and the eLearning company should understand the quality metrics of e-Learning courses. Here is a list of skill set and capabilities we need in the eLearning teams in order to develop a quality eLearning course.
Here are some of the expectations from client who wish to develop an eLearning course.
|Client Team||Expectations |
- Knowledge on how eLearning can achieve business goals
- Understand the benefits and pain points of eLearning
- Selecting eLearning over classroom to save time and cost of training
- Clear expectation on learning outcomes
- Clarity of learner group
- Marketing e-Learning in an organization
- Evaluation of eLearning effectiveness
|Subject Matter Expert|
- Understand his role in eLearning development process
- Willing to invest time in initial discussions and reviews
- Computer and internet savvy
- Motivated to learn in eLearning environment
On the other hand, Elearning Company should have these skills set in order to develop a quality product.
|Elearning Vendor Team||Expectations |
- Define mutual course expectations
- Manage the project within the time, cost and scope defined
- Understand adult learning principles, learners profile and learning outcome.
- Skilled on learning centric approach to instructional design
- Knowledge of content types and strategies for each type
- Understand detailed storyboards and be able to develop them
|Quality Assurance Team|
- Understands all stakeholders expectations
- Based on expectations, preparing checklist for Learning Design and Development teams.
- Do quality control before submitting the course
- Understand the client side technical expectations (like SCORM, Browsers etc) and constraints (bandwidth) if any.
Quality is the differential edge and need to be groomed and nurtured. It is a never ending continuous improvement.