I would like to share a few interesting thoughts of eminent people from the eLearning profession. These quotes will help eLearning professionals get motivated and produce great results.
1. “In order to create an engaging learning experience, the role of instructor is optional, but the role of learner is essential.” – Bernard Bull
2. “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” – Alvin Toffler
3. “Online learning will rapidly become one of the most cost-effective ways to educate the world’s expanding workforce.” – Jack Messman
4. “We need to bring learning to people instead of people to learning.” – Elliot Masie
5. “An organizations ability to learn and translate that learning into action is the ultimate competitive advantage.” –Jack Welch, CEO
6. “People expect to be bored by eLearning-let’s show them it doesn’t have to be like that!” – Cammy Bean
7. “Teaching in the Internet age means we must teach tomorrow’s skills today.” – Jennifer Fleming
8. “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is most important.” – Bill Gates
9. “Teachers need to integrate technology seamlessly into the curriculum instead of viewing it as an add-on, an afterthought, or an event.” – Heidi-Hayes Jacobs
10. “Think about what your learners need to do with that information after the course is finished and design around that.” – Matthew Guyan
11. “You have to stop worrying about all the training metrics of how many people you trained and what your completion rate is. Only training people care about those numbers. You wouldn’t walk into the boardroom and have that discussion. They’d fall asleep or throw you out. The best thing you could do is to imagine the CEO and the senior staff – what do they talk about? They don’t talk about training. They talk about sales. They talk about customer satisfaction. They talk about inventory. Those are the problems training people have to solve in order to move from the classroom to the boardroom.” –Tom Kelly, Cisco Systems
12. “The key to success is to appreciate how people learn, understand the thought process that goes into instructional design, what works well, and a range of different ways of achieving goals.” – Tim Buff
13. “You can’t teach people everything they need to know. The best you can do is position them where they can find what they need to know when they need to know it.” – Seymour Papert
14. “Companies will never have a truly sustainable advantage that’s based on products or prices. You need to focus on the rate at which people learn. It’s the learning speed of the slowest many, not the learning speed of the brightest few, that will set the pace for your company.” – Jim Haudan
15. “People often tout interactivity as the great benefit offered by eLearning, yet most interactivity does nothing to either engage or instruct.” – Ethan Edwards
16. “The most important principle for designing lively elearning is to see elearning design not as information design but as designing and experience.” – Cathy Moore
17. “Online learning is not the next big thing, it is now big thing.” – Donna J. Abernathy
18. “Design is not just what it looks like or feels like, but how it works.” – Steve Jobs
19. “The most profound words will remain unread unless you can keep the learner engaged. You can’t see their eyes to know if they got it so …say it, show it, write it, demo it and link it to an activity.” – James P. Bates
20. “We complain that learners want to be spoon-fed, but then we won’t let them hold the spoon.” – Jane Bozarth
Do you have any other quotes which motivated you? I would love to hear them. Here is a small presentation of quotes on how to learn the ways and means to instill enthusiasm in your employees to learn and grow within the organization.
If you have any quotes to add to the list, do share.