Hard benefits of eLearning in terms of reduced costs are easy to quantify. Let’s look at a few of them with eLearning solutions, you can cut costs for the following:
- Travel (40% of most training related expenses are due to travelling)
- Class room instructors (including doing away with train the trainer classes)
- Facilities and equipment
- Training administration and course logistics
- Course documentation
- Training function
- Course development and maintenance – develop once, enjoy forever (well, almost)
Think of all this in terms of one of your business goals and the deployment of eLearning to meet it. It is not hard to imagine what costs an implementation of a purely instructor-led-training would involve. Compare that to the cost of implementing an eLearning solution, which can be deployed over and over again, with little or no additional cost.
Hard benefits also include improved bottom-line results through the following:
- Increased Productivity (reduces training time by 50% for the same subject)
- Increased Sales volume (increase in revenue-producing time for sales staff)
- Increased Revenue from customers (as the reach and range of training increases)
Clearly, eLearning brings a lot of value to the table.