One of the most fundamental prerequisites for designing effective learning courses is to know your target audience well. An audience analysis helps you do just that. Here are a few sample questions to help you know the target audience better.
- Who is the course for?
- What do they want or expect to get out of the course?
- How will they use the information and skills they learn in their job?
- What do they know about the topic?
- Are they white collar or blue collar employees?
- What is their comfort level with computers?
- Is the training under consideration compulsory or voluntary?
- What pre-requisites do they need?
- In what settings will they use this training?
- Are they native speakers of English or is English their second language?
- Are they likely to get inspired by a game-based learning or would they prefer a more formal approach?
Having a clear mental picture of your learners will help in designing effective eLearning that can create a lasting impact on them.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: