Why do several product sales training programs fail to achieve the desired results, despite providing the right information to learners? Well, one of the important reasons why many product sales training programs fail to succeed is that they are not based on adult learning principles.
But, what are adult learning principles?
Psychologists have identified 5 principles, which need to be applied to adult learning programs to make them successful. They are:
- Adults learn better when they know how the learning program benefits them.
- They are motivated by actions such as hike in salaries, promotions, etc. They are also motivated by intrinsic factors such as the need for self-esteem and power, increase in responsibilities, and so on.
- They like the learning to provide solutions to their problems.
- Adult learners want the training content to be relevant to their needs.
- They prefer a flexible approach to learning. They like to learn at the time and place of their choice and chalk out their own learning schedules.
Let us now see how these principles can be applied to product sales training.
Hope you find the post interesting. Do share your views.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: