In my previous blog, we have seen the technological requirements for developing of an eLearning course. Having a fair knowledge of the technological requirements for developing an eLearning course, we will now look into the technological requirements for delivering or producing, the eLearning course to the learners.
Accessibility: Accessibility makes sure that the technology you used in developing the eLearning course is easily accessible by all the learners. We may create an excellent simulation using the latest authoring tools, but the creative brilliance cannot be seen by the users, unless the users system contains the necessary supporting software.
Compatibility: Compatibility ensures that our solutions are compatible with the others available in the market, thus ensuring interchangeability. Certain standards are to be adhered to, so that the technology remains uniform and is within reach. This gives a way for one eLearning vendor to communicate with another eLearning vendor, without confusion.
Deployment constraints: Deployment constraints occur mainly at 2 stages.
- Large content: When the content is too large exceeding the maximum limit that it can take, making the system incapable for delivery of the course
- Media formatting issues: Courses are prepared using certain media formats. When the users do not have the required formats installed in their systems, the users will encounter problems in accessing the course.
Interoperability is basically the ability of a course to use it seamlessly across many learning management systems. The desktop environment differs from one user to another. This affects different users differently. These issues must be resolved and addressed prior to rollout. Here are some of the issues that impact the course delivery and performance at the desktop.
- Lack of proper understanding of the user’s desktop configuration.
- Browsers compatibility issues.
- Type of courses you want to interact with your LMS.
The above technological requirements make sure that the users are able to access the eLearning course, with ease and convenience, once the eLearning course is developed. Carefully consider the nature of eLearning solution and the requirements that must be met with, to accomplish your administrators, instructors and learners’ targets. This ensures the success of the eLearning course.