Organizations invest huge amounts in learning management systems. Courses are developed according to the requirements of training managers or SMEs and hosted on the LMS. The information pertaining to the courses is conveyed to those employees who are expected to take the relevant courses.
It is generally noticed that only mandatory, compliance courses have 100% completion rate. How can organizations motivate more number of employees to register for and complete online courses?
For any online training program to be a success in an organization, there are 3 aspects that are involved.
1. Learning Management System (LMS): You need to have a well-designed LMS that is easy to navigate and user – friendly. Additionally, you also need to provide good user-support to address technical glitches and problems. Despite good courses, poor LMS interface or user-support could leave users frustrated leading to poor-registrations.
2. E-learning Courses: You need to have instructionally-sound eLearning courses that are designed according to learning design principles. Despite strong LMS support poorly designed eLearning courses could also dissuade users from completing the course. Sometimes, employees may perceive the courses to be irrelevant and hence may not really bother to check them out.
3. User-Registration and Completion: The third and often ignored aspect is gaining user acceptance of the courses with higher registration and completion rate. Even though there is excellent LMS and user support in place together with well-designed courses, there might still be lower registration rate. This is largely due to lack of proper communication about the courses.
Therefore for any eLearning initiative to be a success in an organization, you need to ensure the following:
1. A user – friendly learning management system that is customized to cater to the unique requirements of your employees.
2. Instructionally sound eLearning courses addressing the training requirements of employees that are relevant, purposeful and timely.
3. Proper communication channels to highlight the professional as well as personal benefits of taking the courses.
In our subsequent blogs, we will share some tips on how each of these aspects can be addressed to increase user-registrations for your eLearning courses hosted on your Learning Management System.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
Employee health and safety constitute the most important aspect for organizations and that’s the reason they invest in health and safety training. Providing appropriate training will help in making employees competent in health and safetyaspects and avoiding the financial costs related toaccidents and occupational ill health. These trainings are most effective when immediately incorporated into standard operating procedures, workplace practices, and individual job performance requirements.
It is well-known that products are the revenue generators of an organization and delivering good training to staff members on products is very important. But, how can firms provide impart product training of high efficacy to their people? Well, they need to use e-learning.
It is common knowledge that well-designed induction training programs go a long way in enabling new employees to perform efficiently. They provide all the needed information about the company and its policies. Good induction training programs help new personnel “get into the groove” quickly and effectively, by making the staff members feel at home.
Nowadays, creating e-learning is simple and easy, if you have tools like PowerPoint and Articulate Storyline. You can quickly publish them into e-learning and upload on to the LMS. But it is very important that the e-learning is engaging to the learners. To engage the learners, we try to add many interactivities and attractive visuals such as infographics and gaming assessments. In addition to these, there are other basic aspects to be considered to make your e-learning courses engaging.
E-learning today is being widely used for training adults. We are all aware of the fact that adults need to know why they should undergo training and what will they benefit by it. To fulfill this basic requirement of the adult learners, it has always been recommended that we frame measurable learning objectives.
Total quality management is a journey, not a destination.” (Berry).
Quality check is a process that determines whether all important elements of quality are met as per the set criteria. Quality control helps to keep up the accuracy and efficiency of the course.
Why is it that some online learning initiatives succeed, while others do not? Is there some secret formula to develop successful online training?
We work with individuals, training managers, organizations and companies to create online training programs. Based on our experiences with our customers, we understand the difficulties of traditional learning to put new e-learning ideas into practice. Here are some simple ways to improve your e-learning and online training very effectively.
Innovations in IT over the last 15 years have dramatically altered the banking landscape. Banking organizations need to adapt itself to the rapid changing world of technologies. Every single day, they have to think of ways of how to serve customers in a better way. Banks need to improve its products portfolio but having great products on its kitty will not do. It is also important to observe whether the frontline managers are capable enough to sell these products to the customers. Thus, here we need to think of innovative solutions for these banking professionals.
Assessments play a vital role in tracking the learner performance and measure if learning objectives are achieved. As this is a continuous process, assessments need to be created very effectively as they help retain the information longer. They evaluate the learners’ comprehension of a specific course. Assessments can be given to the learners to check their level of understand in both formative and summative manner. Formative assessment is given after each topic and summative is given at the end of the course.
CommLab India – an organization of 120+ dedicated e-learning professionals committed to the delivery of high quality online training solutions. Founded on this day, 15 years ago, by L&D professionals, Mr. RK Prasad and Dr. Ayesha Habeeb Omer, the firm has come a long way to become the leading e-learning company, serving more than 100 customers, including several Fortune 500 companies such as Alcoa, Mettler-Toledo and Pepco Holding Inc, in 30+ countries.