Learning Management System is an extent place where organizations can integrate all their trainings in order to manage easily. Technology is advancing faster all the time and expectations of learners, trainers and managers are also evolving rapidly. Administrator is responsible for giving LMS support and to satisfy all users’ expectations by customizing the LMS.
Users have their own expectations from LMS according to their job environments. Let’s see in detail their expectations from an LMS:
Expectations of Learners:
- Learners expect a learning environment which is intuitive and crystal clear to experience easy navigation.
- They prefer precisely custom made LMS which satisfy their needs, in their job environments.
- Theyrequire easy accessibility of an LMS at all the times whether they accessing it from online, offline or from mobile.
- They need user guide to know all instructions of training program and to follow them.
- They expect information to be appear with in few clicks to work faster with the LMS.
- They need workflow of an LMS to be followed as per their thinking.
- They expect Look and feel is to be familiar with them to ideally interact with it especially existing ERP or any portal applications.
- They require training history to look back what are all trainings that they have taken and certification to assure that they have trained.
Expectations of Trainers:
- Trainers expect one on one communication with learners to discuss on their performance and if learners have any doubts regarding courses, they should be able to communicate with trainers.
- They require lessons to be tracked which learners are going through, to evaluate how much time they have taken to finish the course.
- They need assessments and quizzes to be kept on LMS to check learner’s knowledge.
- Even trainers require easy navigation from the LMS to create and update ILT sessions easily.
- Taking attendance online for the classroom trainings. Want to know the number of registration done, how many cancelled the registration for particular classroom training.
- Expect various customized reports to analyze the training and user performance and take appropriate action to improve the trainings.
Expectations of Managers:
- Managers want to assign any required trainings to his/her team through LMS.
- They need employee training reports and their progress reports through LMS to analyze their performance.
- They should give approval to the trainings requests receive from his/her team members.
- Like learners they also want navigation to be very intuitive to do all LMS activities.
Most LMSs will cover all the basic needs of users. But a user-centric and graspable learning experience of an LMS will come from functionality changes that have been made by administrator or customization of LMS which he is giving and LMS support which he has to provide all the way to the users. Success of an LMS will come with the user’s satisfaction and comfortness on using it.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
It is well-known that products are the revenue generators of an organization and delivering good training to staff members on products is very important. But, how can firms provide impart product training of high efficacy to their people? Well, they need to use e-learning.
It is common knowledge that well-designed induction training programs go a long way in enabling new employees to perform efficiently. They provide all the needed information about the company and its policies. Good induction training programs help new personnel “get into the groove” quickly and effectively, by making the staff members feel at home.
Nowadays, creating e-learning is simple and easy, if you have tools like PowerPoint and Articulate Storyline. You can quickly publish them into e-learning and upload on to the LMS. But it is very important that the e-learning is engaging to the learners. To engage the learners, we try to add many interactivities and attractive visuals such as infographics and gaming assessments. In addition to these, there are other basic aspects to be considered to make your e-learning courses engaging.
E-learning today is being widely used for training adults. We are all aware of the fact that adults need to know why they should undergo training and what will they benefit by it. To fulfill this basic requirement of the adult learners, it has always been recommended that we frame measurable learning objectives.
Total quality management is a journey, not a destination.” (Berry).
Quality check is a process that determines whether all important elements of quality are met as per the set criteria. Quality control helps to keep up the accuracy and efficiency of the course.
Why is it that some online learning initiatives succeed, while others do not? Is there some secret formula to develop successful online training?
We work with individuals, training managers, organizations and companies to create online training programs. Based on our experiences with our customers, we understand the difficulties of traditional learning to put new e-learning ideas into practice. Here are some simple ways to improve your e-learning and online training very effectively.
Innovations in IT over the last 15 years have dramatically altered the banking landscape. Banking organizations need to adapt itself to the rapid changing world of technologies. Every single day, they have to think of ways of how to serve customers in a better way. Banks need to improve its products portfolio but having great products on its kitty will not do. It is also important to observe whether the frontline managers are capable enough to sell these products to the customers. Thus, here we need to think of innovative solutions for these banking professionals.
Assessments play a vital role in tracking the learner performance and measure if learning objectives are achieved. As this is a continuous process, assessments need to be created very effectively as they help retain the information longer. They evaluate the learners’ comprehension of a specific course. Assessments can be given to the learners to check their level of understand in both formative and summative manner. Formative assessment is given after each topic and summative is given at the end of the course.
CommLab India – an organization of 120+ dedicated e-learning professionals committed to the delivery of high quality online training solutions. Founded on this day, 15 years ago, by L&D professionals, Mr. RK Prasad and Dr. Ayesha Habeeb Omer, the firm has come a long way to become the leading e-learning company, serving more than 100 customers, including several Fortune 500 companies such as Alcoa, Mettler-Toledo and Pepco Holding Inc, in 30+ countries.
We spend a lot of time, effort, and money in developing an e-learning course. But if the learner, who is taking the course, is bored and simply waits for the course to get completed or keeps clicking the Next button in order to skip the slides, then all our efforts are in vain, and this is quite disappointing for us as well. So, how can we make our e-learning courses interesting? How can we help the learners to stay interested in the course from the start till the end?