Sometimes, while conferencing with geographically-challenged clients and staff, it makes me wonder whether they really listen and understand all that’s being said. It could be that despite the most creative and effective sales pitch to our prospective clients, they may be least interested in listening. Why? Perhaps, lack of personal connectivity is the answer.
During a teleconference, the listener at the other end has only to listen and throw in a few queries to the speaker. The listener plays no active role in the conversation. At such times, he or she may feel bored with all that listening. In fact, research shows that 80% of leads that marketers pitch to the clients go straight into the bin. The most effective way to resolve this issue is via the technology of webinars.
Wikipedia defines a webinar as a kind of web conferencing for conducting live meetings, trainings and presentations via the Internet. The host connects with the participants for web conferencing via the Internet, allows them to participate in discussions, QA session and more. It is a two-way web conference having interactive elements like polling, QA sessions – enabling complete contribution between the two parties. The main advantage of holding webinars is the convenience of time and location of the presenter and audience.
Some of the easy ways to ensure creative ideas and profitable outcomes while using webinar technology are:
- Make it visually appealing by using charts, audio, presentations, photos, and graphics. These elements build interest in the subject, emphasize your point and send the right message to your participants.
- Chat with your users. Don’t just talk, talk, and talk. Involve your clients in discussions, Q&As and idea generation by encouraging participation through chats. A lively webinar spells success for business.
- If you write what you say, it will engage the participants to a great extent.
- Keep your webinar short, crisp, with loads of audience interactions and Q&A time.
Key benefits of webinars are:
- Reduction in travel time and expenses
- Improved communication
- Large audience reach
- Real time feedback
Communication is an extremely important aspect of business. Gaps in communicating during sales pitch to the client will bring about unfortunate results. The advent of webinars offer every corporate broad opportunities to express their ideas, not just clearly but also in the most creative and innovative manner.
Do share your thoughts on the same.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: