According to the eLearning guild report on Rapid authoring tools, Adobe Captivate is the most preferred authoring tool among many eLearning course developers. Adobe Captivate 7 has inbuilt interactivities that help save a lot of time in designing interactivities and assigning actions. The interactive quiz feature is one of the excellent features in this tool.
Here, I would like to share with you on how we can add a drop-down list to fill-in-the-blank Quiz feature in Adobe Captivate.
1. Go to Quiz in the menu and select the Question slide.
(The Insert questions window opens)
2. Select Fill-In-The- Blank from the list and Click Ok.
We can see the fill-in-the-blank slide inserted. Go to the quiz properties and hide the unwanted options in the slide like Clear, Back, Next, submit or feedback options.
3. Select the question field and change the question as per requirement and then select the underlined area in the field and click on the mark. We can see that a window gets opened.
4. Click on the (+) symbol and add multiple options in the list.
5. In the window we can see User Input and Drop Down List.
(If the User Input option is selected, the user must type the correct answer in the column provided. If Dropdown list is selected, the user must select the correct answer from the drop-down list.)
6. Select the dropdown list from the drop down and by selecting this option we can see checkboxes beside the options and the shuffle Answers option enabled. Check mark if answers need to be shuffled.
7. Click F8 to see the preview of the slide. We can see the dropdown indicating to select the correct option.
Click the drop down and we can see the list of options and select the correct option and click submit.
This is an easy way to add drop-down lists to fill-in-the-blank type of Quiz in Captivate 7. Please do share your thoughts on it.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: