As an eLearning developer, I find Articulate Storyline to be one of the best authoring tools available for developing elearning courses quickly. Here I would like to explain how to insert slide numbers in Articulate Storyline.
Well, we can do that using the master slide and a couple of variables. This requires a trigger on each slide to modify the current slide numbers. The following are the steps you need to follow.
1. Go to View and click on Slide Master
2. Type the text in the master slide as :
%currentSlide% of %totalSlides%
3. Then you need to validate the text that is given in the master slide with the help of two variables
(a) Create variable as “Current slide”. The value should always be given as zero.
(b) Create the “total slides” variable in which the total Slides – number variable default to the number of total slides in the storyline project.
4. Then we need to adjust the variable of current slide.
5. Also adjust the variable of Total Slides – number variable default to the number of total slides.
6. After that, a trigger should be added to the slide and the page number can be set.
7. Then copy the trigger to all the slides and the value of the page is given according to the sequence of the slides.
This is the process for inserting page numbers to the slides which takes less time than manually inserting the slide numbers. Have anything to say please do share!
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: