You all know that some of your eLearning courses need to be updated frequently. If your courses are developed using rapid authoring tools, you need to use the tool for any changes. But if your eLearning course is developed using Lectora, you may not require the tool to update the course if needed. Let us see how.
Lectora has a feature where you can designate certain text boxes as dynamic text. Dynamic text is a text that can be edited in the course without the software.
In this blog post, I would like to share how to use Dynamic Text in Lectora to update your course text easily even after publishing the course.
Here are a few simple steps for setting up a text box to use dynamic text.
- Go to the “Title Options” in Lectora, select the “Enable Dynamic Text Option” check box and then click the “OK” button as in the image below. Remember, by default, dynamic text is not allowed in the title until you enable it.
- Now that the feature has been turned on for the whole course, you need to designate the text box that needs to be dynamic or updated overtime. To do this, double click on text box; check the “Dynamic text” option under the “Properties” tab.
- Publish your course to HTML. Now an xml file, that is, “dyntitle” is generated along with other files as shown in the image below.
- Now you need to open the “dyntitle” xml file using text editor like WordPad or Notepad.
- Change course content, then go to File and Save the file. Once you save the file, the updated course content appears in your published course. See the images below.
These steps help you to update the course by using the “Dynamic Text” feature in Lectora.
I hope you find my blog useful and interesting; please do share your comments, if any.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: