Branching is one of the commonly used navigation scenario in an eLearning course. It is very easy to create branchings in Lectora tool. Let’s see the steps to create them.
Step 1: Create a new page where the branching is required
- Right Click in any slide> New> Click on page
Step 2: Import the buttons where the user needs to click to navigate to the next slides.
- Go to Home tab > Click on Add Object> Click on Add Button.
Step 3:. Create the action to the button.
- Right click on the button> Add action Or Select the button and press CTRL+4
Step 4:. Specify the Action
- Where the user needs to navigate after clicking the button.
Step 5:. Import the next and back buttons separately in the sub-slide.(Without using the global buttons)
Step 6: Inherit the Global next and back from the sub slides.
- Click on Properties tab>Select Inherit
Step 7: Create an action for the next button of the last slide in the branching to redirect the user to the branching slide (Parent slide)
Step 8: Create a variable in the last sub slide of the branching with its initial value 0.
Step 9: Create an action with the help of the variable which has been created previously.
- Show>Modify variable>select the variable in the target>set equal to> value: 1
Step 10:. Import a visited state image or an icon to the parent slide, with the initially Hidden checked. By this we can help the user know which branching he has completed.
Step 11: Create an action with the condition in the parent slide to show the visited state.
- Show>Show>Select the visited icon or image> and create the condition
- Select the variable which was created in the sub-slide>Equal to>1
This is how the branching scenario can be created in Lectora, and can be customized as per the requirements such as next and back functionality, user restrictions etc.Let me know if you have tried this and if so, please share your thoughts on it.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: