According to a survey conducted by the eLearning guild, in 2013, Adobe Captivate was the most widely used rapid authoring tool. The latest version of this incredible tool, Adobe Captivate 8 can be used to develop responsive eLearning courses. Apart from, this, we can convert existing PowerPoint presentations in to eLearning courses by importing them into Adobe Captivate. Let see the step-by-step procedure to convert PowerPoint presentations into eLearning courses.
Before importing your PowerPoint presentation, complete the design and adjust the alignments in the presentation. Then, import it into Adobe Captivate to convert it into an eLearning course.
- Open Adobe Captivate.
- Click New Project.
- Select From PowerPoint, and you can browse the PowerPoint presentation.
- Then click Create to browse the PowerPoint file which you want convert.
- Then select the PowerPoint presentation.
- Then, click Open to import the PowerPoint presentation.
- Enter the Project Name and Size (Width/ Height) of the project in Project Properties.
- Select All and click OK to import the PowerPoint presentation.
- Now you have imported the PowerPoint presentation into Adobe Captivate.
- To add interactions, select Slides from menu and click Blank Slide.
- Choose Interactions from menu, and select Learning Interactions from the dropdown menu.
- Now, you can Select and Insert the templates which are appropriate to the content.
- You can add text to the interaction and modify its color and style. Then, click OK. You have created the interaction. Now, let see how we can add questions.
- To add a quiz, select Quiz from the menu and Click Question Slide.
- Select Question Type and click OK.
- Now, add the Question text and Options text.
- There is a default CORRECT and INCORRECT feedback text. If you want modify, you can insert the new feedback text.
- To publish the eLearning course, select Publish from the menu and choose Publish to Computer. Also, you can publish it directly to Adobe Connect.
- Select File from the menu and select Publish Settings from the dropdown.
- In the Quiz section, select Reporting and check the Enable reporting for this project.
- Then, configure the LMS settings as per technical requirements, such as passing score of the quiz and the completion status.
- Finally, click OK. Now, you are done with the course conversion.
Apart from all these, you can add videos and record your own narration to enhance your eLearning.
By following these steps, you can successfully convert your PowerPoint presentations into eLearning courses. Hope you find this blog informative. Do share your views.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: