Most rapid authoring tools have a mixed range of functionality when it comes to creating interactive and appealing training content. Let’s look at the pros and cons of some authoring tools that eLearning industries are using extensively for converting ILT materials to eLearning courses.
Articulate Studio ’09
- Excellent Quiz maker.
- Easy, intuitive navigation.
- Pages load fast as there is background loading.
On the flip side, the navigation and interactivity is highly restricted, which can hinder learning.
- Can develop multiple HTML pages simultaneously.
- Can develop multi-lingual courses easily.
The flip side is that the screens load rather slowly as Lectora does not have the facility of background loading.
- Very good for capturing screen-based simulations.
- Easy to develop interactive simulations without using Flash.
- Good collection of assessments.
On the flip side – each screen is considered an image. So, the file size is relatively high, leading to loading issues.
I would be pleased if you can share your experience with using these authoring tools to make eLearning courses better and interesting. Do also share your favorite tips on overcoming the limitations of each of these tools.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: