Audio plays a key role in enhancing the effectiveness of eLearning courses. It reduces the cognitive load on the learner and ensures better learning. But, how can you make sure that the audio you use in your eLearning course is first-rate? Well, efficient editing goes a long way in producing excellent audio.
There are a number of tools available in the market that can be used to edit audio. These audio editors have lot of features that can be used to apply different types of audio effects to our online courses. We can convert the audio file into different formats based on our requirements. Let us now look at a few popular audio editing tools.
Audacity is a free audio editor with simple GUI and is easy to use. This editor can also be used to record audio on different operating systems like Windows, Linux, etc. It can be operated in many languages.
Audacity can be used to perform the following.
- Record live audio
- Record computer playback audio on devices using different operating systems
- Edit audio files in different formats and convert them into various other formats
- Apply different types of audio effects and adjust the pitch, speed and volume
- Edit multiple audios
Kangas sound editor is one of the best audio editors. It can be used to work with different formats of audio and produce “clean” and high quality audio. It is easy to operate because of its simple interface.
This tool can be used to:
- Create sound effects and music.
- Produce instrumental sound such as melody and percussion.
- Control the volume and pitch easily.
- Edit audio effortlessly thanks to its user-friendly interface.
Wavosaur is one of the best free audio editors to edit audio files in WAV and Mp3 formats. It is very simple to use and can be used to edit audio files quickly. It works on Windows XP, Windows 98 and Windows Vista platforms.
- Makes it easy to cut, copy, paste the selected audio
- Provides the option for music loop, recording and batch audio conversion
- Facilitates multiple interfaces for editing different audio files simultaneously.
(Source: wavosaur.com )
mp3DirectCut is a very useful and fast audio editor. It can be sued to edit audio files in the mp3 format, and it a recorder for compressed mp3 audio files. We can copy, paste and cut the audio directly and adjust the volume cam without decompressing the files, easily.
Some of the capabilities of mp3DirectCut are:
- Batch processing in single process.
- High speed Mp3 recording.
- Audio trimming and loop play.
TwistedWave is a tool that can be used to edit audio online, and it can also be used for recording. The interface of this editor is very simple, and this makes it very easy to use. It can be used to work with audio files in different formats. It is also compatible with iOS.
TwistedWave can be used to perform the following tasks.
- Export audio in different formats
- Copy, paste, undo and redo, very easily
- Adjust the frequency levels of audio and apply many effects.
(Source: twistedwave.com )
Hope you find this blog useful. Do share your views.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2015 and has appeared in Learning Design category whereas now it is updated in Learning Technology category.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: